Buying CD's

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Matt_B

Re: Buying CD's

Post by Matt_B » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:57 pm

I was going to see The Hu earlier this year but, a week prior to their Australian tour, COVID hit pandemic level and the whole thing got canceled.

Downloads are pretty much dead these days. It's pretty much been supplanted by streaming for casual listening and the collectors will always want something to put on the shelf.

English Invader

Re: Buying CD's

Post by English Invader » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:41 am

Matt_B wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:57 pm
Downloads are pretty much dead these days. It's pretty much been supplanted by streaming for casual listening and the collectors will always want something to put on the shelf.
I bought the Data Discs Streets of Rage 1,2 and 3 as digital files. It was a cheap and convenient way to get them in audiophile sound quality without adding another 3 records to my already space-stressed vinyl and CD collection. I wish Data Discs would release more of their catalogue in digital format as it would save me a lot of space and money.

Most of these video game scores are available to stream on YT but, if it's music I care about, I want my own set of digital files that I can archive. Some people may think "Well, if that goes, I'll just find something else to listen to" but that doesn't cut it for me and I won't use software to record YT content on principle.