Dungeons and Dragons

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dark Reaper

Dungeons and Dragons

Post by Dark Reaper » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:44 pm

http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/ ... oduct.html

If you haven't already bought this, I urge you to buy it now. This was one of the best cartoon series of the 80s!

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm

Agreed.

But, the sad fact is they NEVER make it home, as the series ended (was cancelled) before it was completed.

I used to have a crush on that Ginger bird in it (the one who could turn invisible) and had a good few spanks while watching it :lol: :roll: :shock:

Not a great idea if your stood in one of the isles at your local Toys R Us!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

merman

Post by merman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:46 pm

Used to really enjoy it when I was younger.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:01 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote: But, the sad fact is they NEVER make it home, as the series ended (was cancelled) before it was completed.
Theres actually a script floating around the internet for the last ever episode that was never made. I read it a few years back and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:34 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote:
I used to have a crush on that Ginger bird in it (the one who could turn invisible) and had a good few spanks while watching it :lol: :roll: :shock:

Ooooh *winces*

Just a little on the generous side of the amount of information its healthy to share.

I'm sure there are therapists that can assist though. :wink:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Read the script quite recently and it seemed to wrap things up quite nicely, very satisfying ending it would have been.

Now if someone'll pass me a copy of the unpublished final issue of the Stormwatch comic i'd be happy!!
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

Cabal

Post by Cabal » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:35 pm

Eric(Chavelier or whatever) was the best - always nitpicking with the Dungeon Master. :D

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:25 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:Read the script quite recently and it seemed to wrap things up quite nicely, very satisfying ending it would have been.

Now if someone'll pass me a copy of the unpublished final issue of the Stormwatch comic i'd be happy!!
Is it the Team Achilles one as there's a pdf version linked to on here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormwatch_(comics)
Splink!

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:12 pm

Seeing this thread inspired me to change my avatar! Hope you like it:)

What an awesome cartoon! 8) A million miles better than the censored movie that was actually closer to the original board game than this superb piece of kiddie's TV!

If I had to choose a fave out of the five young heroes, it would be a tie between Eric and Presto. I too loved Eric whenever he nitpicked on the dungeon master, and whenever Presto performed magic it never works most of the time :) However, you simply cannot beat Tiamat the dragon (see my new avatar)! I know she only appears in about 3 or 4 episodes, but boy she is just awesome!

Suprisingly I don't remember watching it that much when I was a kid, but seeing as I currently have a strong obsession with dragons I bought the boxset from HMV for £20 about 2 months ago. Since then I have seen all the episodes they made, and enjoyed every second of it :) best £20 I've spent in a long time!

It's just a shame that the final episode was never produced. I curse the TV executives who stopped the makers from producing the final episode! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by pottyboy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:30 pm

As an extra note, here's the best quote from the series:

In 'The Tresure of Tardos', our heroes are running away from some orcs towards the entrance to Tardos' Keep. While running up the steps towards the gates, Presto attempts to hold the orcs back with a bit of magic. Eventually, lots of marbles come out of his hat, and all of them roll down the steps causing the orcs to fall over.

Presto: Who says losing your marbles is bad?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dark Reaper

Post by Dark Reaper » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:34 pm

Eric: Now what?
Presto: Now we find Tiamat.
Eric: How do we know which one is her?
Presto: Easy, dummy. She'll be the one who attacks us.

Classic! :D

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:38 am

felgekarp wrote:
Elgin_McQueen wrote:Read the script quite recently and it seemed to wrap things up quite nicely, very satisfying ending it would have been.

Is it the Team Achilles one as there's a pdf version linked to on here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormwatch_(comics)

Yeah it was thanks.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

Cabal

Post by Cabal » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:20 pm

And what was the point of Tiamat? It was like every other episode one of the kids would stop and scream "ITS TIMAT!!!". In which the Dragon would leap on screen for about 10 seconds snarling and showing off then bugger off never to be seen for the rest of the episode??? :shock:

Kinda like the Tuxedu Mask of the show... :roll:

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:55 pm

Cabal wrote:And what was the point of Tiamat? It was like every other episode one of the kids would stop and scream "ITS TIMAT!!!". In which the Dragon would leap on screen for about 10 seconds snarling and showing off then bugger off never to be seen for the rest of the episode??? :shock:

Kinda like the Tuxedu Mask of the show... :roll:
True, her appearances were brief, but on average she stays in the scene for about a 30 seconds (sometimes more) whenever she appears. Plus she appears twice in the first episode. :wink:

IMO the best episodes of which to see Tiamat in action are 'The Night of No Tomorrow' and 'The Dragon's Graveyard', especially the latter when she emerges from the giant skull!