Recommend me some older Transformer comic

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Shinobi

Recommend me some older Transformer comic

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:48 am

I had a pile of the UK Simon Furman comics which I was always told where the best, unfortunately it had several other marvel strips. Also own full circle graphic novel which was brilliant. Now this is where it's getting confusing for me friend lent me the Generation 2 Jahaxus(spelt wrong) graphic novel where Durham says it got binned off. And some other possibly newer comics when all the Dinobots die except Grimlock and he brings them back in this lake. Also Galvatron has this conjoined cup/Megatron creature and Unicrons head enslaves everyone on Junkion
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

felgekarp

Re: Recommend me some older Transformer comic

Post by felgekarp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:36 pm

I can't really recommend any but it might be worth checking some of these out. I've picked up the odd one to have a read of at some point.

http://www.transformerscollection.com/
Splink!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 pm

felgekarp wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:36 pm
I can't really recommend any but it might be worth checking some of these out. I've picked up the odd one to have a read of at some point.

Thanks Ferg can you recommend any other comic's. I read Monsteress (done by 2 women who do the sonic art for Sega) the art is stunning but incredibly violent fantasy girl with demon in her, that forces her to eat kill people and eat them, otherwise it eats her.. Got all 10 issues Star Wars and Darth Vader, and Batman Rebirth the war of Jokes and Riddles well Joker kills Riddler at the end of the first comic Just fancy something else to read.. Got all the Marvel GI Joes so I thought Transformers maybe I'd start on next
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:48 pm

I'd recommend Target 2006, Dinobot Hunt, Prey, and Wrath of Guardian/Wrath of Grimlock. They're available in trade for very little. If you want Target 2006 I may know where there's a copy going spare?

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 pm
felgekarp wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks Ferg can you recommend any other comic's. I read Monsteress (done by 2 women who do the sonic art for Sega) the art is stunning but incredibly violent fantasy girl with demon in her, that forces her to eat kill people and eat them, otherwise it eats her.. Got all 10 issues Star Wars and Darth Vader, and Batman Rebirth the war of Jokes and Riddles well Joker kills Riddler at the end of the first comic Just fancy something else to read.. Got all the Marvel GI Joes so I thought Transformers maybe I'd start on next
Planetary, there's only 4 trades worth, and Astro City.
Splink!