Horror films

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:39 pm

ha ha" loved Christine. i bought the book ecently, but ill be buggered if i can find it now!
Evil Dead II and III are just funny as f***. Shaun of the dead even more so. its shows how horror comedies should be made nowadays. not just horror-porn like Hostel (watched the first five minutes and turned it off. Boring as sh!te)
Alien made me cack myself the first time i watched it (was only 7)
Aliens was just as good (made me cack the same amount. was on after the first one.)
Hellraiser just made me sick. The chains coming out and piercing that guys skin, ripping it....just sick!
mind you, i am writing a horror novel with buckets of gore in it. limbs being chopped off and everything. bloody great!
but The Thing still brings up debates even now, 25 years after its first release. one of john capenter's best.
any one watched it recently?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6319
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:14 am

HMV ought to have Christine, I got the DVD from there last year so I didnt wreck the tape. Whilst on the Subject of wrecking tapes Im currently very peeved with my VCR as the bugger ate my copy of The Lost Boys. I cant find it in any local stores and Im going on holiday next Saturday which cuts out the Ebay route. Hopefully Ill find it there then :cry:

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:16 pm

could always try virgin for the lost boys. they did have it for 3 quid
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
Wildnites
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:38 pm

Post by Wildnites » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 am

JetSetWilly wrote:could always try virgin for the lost boys. they did have it for 3 quid
Lost Boys was the first present by hubby bought me when we started going out, I knew it was love from that moment :D

What a great film.
Haven't watched Lost Boys for ages though, think I will watch it tonight....
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:52 pm

one of the best, if not the best, vampire movies ever made. and it even has a good dose of humour too, which made it enjoyable to watch.
i still rank evil dead as the best horrors, though. well, not too much the first one (the fx aren't really up to much now, but the movie is still excellent!) but the other two are absolutely cracking, Gromit!

"This....is..my...BOOMSTICK! 12 gauge double barrel remington. Retails for about $129.95. In cobolt blue steel with a wooden stock and hair trigger. This baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Remember, shop smart, shop S-mart....YOU GOT THAT? Now, if any of you primates even touches me...........now....let's talk about how I get back home!"

one of the best lines. also,

"First you wanna kill me, next you wanna kiss me......BLOW!"

pure gold! they dont make films like this anymore. if they did, they'd turn it into Hostel...which is pants
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Post by djcarlos » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:58 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:one of the best, if not the best, vampire movies ever made. and it even has a good dose of humour too, which made it enjoyable to watch.
i still rank evil dead as the best horrors, though. well, not too much the first one (the fx aren't really up to much now, but the movie is still excellent!) but the other two are absolutely cracking, Gromit!

"This....is..my...BOOMSTICK! 12 gauge double barrel remington. Retails for about $129.95. In cobolt blue steel with a wooden stock and hair trigger. This baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Remember, shop smart, shop S-mart....YOU GOT THAT? Now, if any of you primates even touches me...........now....let's talk about how I get back home!"

one of the best lines. also,

"First you wanna kill me, next you wanna kiss me......BLOW!"

pure gold! they dont make films like this anymore. if they did, they'd turn it into Hostel...which is pants
Groovy.
Image

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:30 pm

let's go into that cellar....and carve ourselves a witch......
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

psj3809
Posts: 18924
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 am

Saw an excellent horror film the other day called 'Them' ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465203/). Reminded me of Switchblade Romance, another great film.

Both films are foreign with subtitles but really had some great suspense. Them was one of the best films i had seen in years, not gory like Hostel or that, just makes you jump a lot and if you watch it late at night in a large house on your own it'll make the experience even better !

Very good film

User avatar
korean***
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by korean*** » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:10 am

never really been into zombie films in the slightest really... that was until i saw the remake of dawn of the dead! (shock! horror! -he likes a remake!)

well impressed with the film... opened me up to a genre i had ignored.

edit: also, does anybody remember 'society' -starring billy warlock?

User avatar
felgekarp
Posts: 9351
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 am
Location: Earth 3

Post by felgekarp » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:11 am

korean*** wrote:never really been into zombie films in the slightest really... that was until i saw the remake of dawn of the dead! (shock! horror! -he likes a remake!)

well impressed with the film... opened me up to a genre i had ignored.

edit: also, does anybody remember 'society' -starring billy warlock?
I remember the end scenes of Society, stuff like that you'll never forget :D
Splink!

psj3809
Posts: 18924
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:54 am

Yep the remake of Dawn of the Dead was excellent, that got me back into the originals which i bought again. Even the old original Dawn of the Dead was surprisingly good.

I was really looking forward to the last Dawn of the Dead film they remade (forget the name of it) but it was dire, really disappointed. Apocalypse or something ? Very disappointing.

User avatar
korean***
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by korean*** » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:15 am

psj3809 wrote:I was really looking forward to the last Dawn of the Dead film they remade (forget the name of it) but it was dire, really disappointed. Apocalypse or something ?
land of the dead?

User avatar
yakmag
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: St Helens

Post by yakmag » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:57 am

djcarlos wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:one of the best, if not the best, vampire movies ever made. and it even has a good dose of humour too, which made it enjoyable to watch.
i still rank evil dead as the best horrors, though. well, not too much the first one (the fx aren't really up to much now, but the movie is still excellent!) but the other two are absolutely cracking, Gromit!

"This....is..my...BOOMSTICK! 12 gauge double barrel remington. Retails for about $129.95. In cobolt blue steel with a wooden stock and hair trigger. This baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Remember, shop smart, shop S-mart....YOU GOT THAT? Now, if any of you primates even touches me...........now....let's talk about how I get back home!"

one of the best lines. also,

"First you wanna kill me, next you wanna kiss me......BLOW!"

pure gold! they dont make films like this anymore. if they did, they'd turn it into Hostel...which is pants
Groovy.
It's a trick..... Get an axe

psj3809
Posts: 18924
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:26 am

korean*** wrote:
psj3809 wrote:I was really looking forward to the last Dawn of the Dead film they remade (forget the name of it) but it was dire, really disappointed. Apocalypse or something ?
land of the dead?
Yeah i think thats the one. Found that very very disappointing, love all the earlier films but this was a huge letdown.

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:28 pm

[quote="yakmag"][quote="djcarlos"][quote="JetSetWilly"]one of the best, if not the best, vampire movies ever made. and it even has a good dose of humour too, which made it enjoyable to watch.
i still rank evil dead as the best horrors, though. well, not too much the first one (the fx aren't really up to much now, but the movie is still excellent!) but the other two are absolutely cracking, Gromit!

"This....is..my...BOOMSTICK! 12 gauge double barrel remington. Retails for about $129.95. In cobolt blue steel with a wooden stock and hair trigger. This baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Remember, shop smart, shop S-mart....YOU GOT THAT? Now, if any of you primates even touches me...........now....let's talk about how I get back home!"

one of the best lines. also,

"First you wanna kill me, next you wanna kiss me......BLOW!"

pure gold! they dont make films like this anymore. if they did, they'd turn it into Hostel...which is pants[/quote]

Groovy.[/quote]

It's a trick..... Get an axe[/quote]


It lives......out in those woods.......That.....witch in the cellar is only part of it!

Im fine...im fine.......I dont think so! We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw....does that sound....'fine'?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest