The Player Manager 2015

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Post Reply
Stainy
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

The Player Manager 2015

Post by Stainy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:40 am

Faithful remake of the 1990 hit Player Manager ..

Inlcudes the original gameplay and more.

Better physics. ( collision & tackles )
More kits, different hair and skin colour.
73 different leagues to choose from ( 3000 club teams ) . English, Italian, French, German, Spanish translations.
Name editor.
Better replays with save options that compatible across versions.
Easier playing option for Android tablets ( 66% speed )
Updates to the transfer system.
Teams are now ranked ( 1-5 )
Saves are not compatible from 0.7 to 0.8
Congratulations screen added for cup victories
Now possible to save more than 200 items ( career, tactics, saves, teams etc )
New pitches and stadiums ( me )
Improved name editor
lots lots more...

The game is developed for free by fans, please help us, before downloading click on "I Like" & "Get notifications" on the official Kick Off community page: Kick Off World
Also help us keep developing the game, vote the game on Android play store and give us some feedback on how we can improve the game on future releases!
Enjoy your Player Manager career!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Manager.v1

Review http://thegg.net/indie-games/player-man ... me-remake/


http://www.kickoffworld.net/

https://www.facebook.com/Kickoff2world?ref=bookmarks

Trailer for version 0.8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQXHLoY ... nYy11_6pVw

User avatar
Doddsy
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Vice City!

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Doddsy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:24 am

Good one guys! Hopefully Darran will put it in the magazine for review.

Boulder
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Boulder » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:54 am

I'll certainly give it a go, PM was one of my favourites on the Amiga.

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Player Manager was a brilliant game, I had loads of great teams I saved and imported into Kick Off 2, will check this out, thanks for the link

User avatar
Doddsy
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Vice City!

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Doddsy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Well first the good news it's all there and with much more content from the 1990 original. The bad news is that the controls on a touch screen tablet are really fiddly to use and make controlling the ball really difficult. It's even more so if your left handed like me - they've put the joystick on the right hand side and fire button on right. Still it is free and is a work in progress....

psj3809
Posts: 18735
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by psj3809 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:05 am

Doddsy wrote:Well first the good news it's all there and with much more content from the 1990 original. The bad news is that the controls on a touch screen tablet are really fiddly to use and make controlling the ball really difficult. It's even more so if your left handed like me - they've put the joystick on the right hand side and fire button on right. Still it is free and is a work in progress....
Arrrgh i wish this was out on iOS !

Worth contacting Dino Dini and asking him !

Do you mean the joysticks on the left and fire button on the right, thats pretty normal if thats the case. LOVED this game back in the 90's

User avatar
Doddsy
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Vice City!

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Doddsy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:48 pm

No sorry joystick on right fire button on left. seems a bit weird for a lefty like me. Also as far as i'm aware, Dino's got nothing to do with it so there could be copyright issues if the games goes viral..

psj3809
Posts: 18735
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by psj3809 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:29 pm

Doddsy wrote:No sorry joystick on right fire button on left. seems a bit weird for a lefty like me. Also as far as i'm aware, Dino's got nothing to do with it so there could be copyright issues if the games goes viral..
Thats utterly stupid. Nearly all games have a default of joystick left fire button right. Arcades are the same etc. Crazy to have the reverse

Stainy
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Stainy » Sun May 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Version 0.9 is coming out real soon.
Two extra cups ( total of three cups including league )
bug fixes
If you get sacked/resign then another team might request your skills ( able to carry on with another clucb ) etc.

Extra help for new people to the Player Manager world and extra help for touch screen users.
ETA early June
Last edited by Stainy on Sun May 31, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stainy
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Stainy » Sun May 31, 2015 4:16 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Doddsy wrote:Well first the good news it's all there and with much more content from the 1990 original. The bad news is that the controls on a touch screen tablet are really fiddly to use and make controlling the ball really difficult. It's even more so if your left handed like me - they've put the joystick on the right hand side and fire button on right. Still it is free and is a work in progress....
Arrrgh i wish this was out on iOS !

Worth contacting Dino Dini and asking him !

Do you mean the joysticks on the left and fire button on the right, thats pretty normal if thats the case. LOVED this game back in the 90's

This has NOTHING to do with Dino. to quote from the manual

"A free Football management retrogame inspired by Anco games Kick Off 2 & Player Manger.
The Player Manager 2015 source code is 100% original work made by “Kick Off World” community members: www.kickoffworld.net
This retro game reproduces the Commodore Amiga 2D graphics, with top down full size fields and fast gameplay."

iOS version will be out once we hit version 1.0.
I`ll talk to you devs about the joystick on the left/right. By the way I`m one of the devs. I help out with the graphics and testing. :)

Stainy
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Stainy » Sun May 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Doddsy wrote:No sorry joystick on right fire button on left. seems a bit weird for a lefty like me. Also as far as i'm aware, Dino's got nothing to do with it so there could be copyright issues if the games goes viral..

There will be no issue with copyright. Source code is 100% original. Original graphic use ok`d by Steve Screech himself. We`ll never charge for this.. Made by fans for the fans.

Stainy
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

Re: The Player Manager 2015

Post by Stainy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:18 am

Doddsy wrote:Well first the good news it's all there and with much more content from the 1990 original. The bad news is that the controls on a touch screen tablet are really fiddly to use and make controlling the ball really difficult. It's even more so if your left handed like me - they've put the joystick on the right hand side and fire button on right. Still it is free and is a work in progress....
doddy et all: When you start playing press P and chose 'invert pad'

also in options theres ball control ( for making the ball stick to your feet a little more ). Game speed is best at 75% for touch screens. Please give it a try and report back :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest