For Sale: CoinOps 6 Xbox Consoles

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Beaps

For Sale: CoinOps 6 Xbox Consoles

Post by Beaps » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27 am

Hi all,

I am a member on mainly Arcade forums like Jamma+ & Arcade Vac where I have over 6,000 posts. I build Xbox Consoles with the latest version of CO6 which along with MAME games come with various consoles also SNES, MD, PC Engine, Amiga, ST, 32x, N64 amongst a load of others.

The consoles have been serviced inside & out & have a larger hard drive installed with a 67gb CO6 install.

Prices are as follows

Black Console + Controller + AV Cable + Power cord = £50
Clear Crystal Console + Controller + AV Cable + Power cord = £60

This does not include postage, postage would be £7 via Collect+ or £11 via City Link.

I also help with any questions you might have after a sale i.e How to use the menus, etc etc

Greyfox

Re: For Sale: CoinOps 6 Xbox Consoles

Post by Greyfox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:10 am

bad idea fella, selling something with only 5 posts?..no one will take notice, there is a minimum of 50 posts before you are allow advertise products on the forum. so expect little or not feedback on this.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Beaps

Post by Beaps » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

A lot of RG members frequent J+ & Vac that can vouch for me. I am not looking at setting the world on fire here, if people don't want to buy one because of my number posts, they don't have to, it's all good :-)

fredghostmaster

Post by fredghostmaster » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Beaps is a well respected poster on Jamma+, I bought an xbox off him last year and he was very helpful. Please don't give him a hard time just because his post count is low on here.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I can also vouch for Beaps bought a X Box off him packed with emu's very helpful and great customer aftercare
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Beaps

Post by Beaps » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Cheers dude, hope you enjoy it :D

Beaps

Post by Beaps » Thu May 15, 2014 9:11 am

Another one sold, another happy customer.

Let me know if anyone else is interested please :D

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Have to say, I don't rate Beaps at all...

All he seems to be able to offer is a modded Xbox with Coiops 6. Communication with him has been really poor, and he can't seem to make an Xbox to spec. Such a shame as I thought he was "THE" guy to goto in this instance

my hunt continues.........

Beaps

Post by Beaps » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:55 am

Really sorry guys I dropped the ball on this one. I know it's no excuse but without going into to much detail I have a bit of a personal issue with my mums poor health at the moment so as I am sure you understand I have a few issues on my mind at the moment.

Hopefully things will be back to normal, or as normal as they can be soon so I am holding making co6 xbox consoles for the time being.

I will reply to this thread once this are sorted.

Sorry again

avant1277

Post by avant1277 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 am

I'm one of the members of the CoinOPS forum who made a lot of the packs for 8/16-bit computers and consoles. I've made videos for and configures about 4000 games for CoinOPS. Most of which beaps is selling.

some of the packs I have made are listed here: http://coinopspacks.blogspot.de/

I got so fed up with the people such as beaps selling xboxes with my coinops packs installed that I have stopped sharing them outside of the community.

seeing the results of months of your precious hobby time being sold by profiteers who have never contributed anything back into the project is a nasty feeling.

the only people who should make money out of these old games are the programmers and copyright holders.

Beaps has also been selling badly installed installations as shown here: http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... eeellllllp and when questioned states that the games themselves were not tested and are not working, rather than admit he couldn't follow the instructions to install properly. just reading that thread and the corresponding thread on the CoinOPS forum:L http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/vi ... =57&t=3902 where he posts as Hideo will tell you all you need to know.

Beaps

Post by Beaps » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:25 am

Hi all

Just to clear matters up, I only sell CoinOps machines with the ARCADE package installed. I do have these packs that avant mentioned but I don't install them unless the buyer requests them. I was trying to help a member over on J+ regarding an early pack that he had problems with so I posted a help request over on the CoinOps website and as a result they discovered it was me asking and banned me. I have since contact the forum asking why was I banned, but I never got a reply.

It's funny as you would of thought I was selling 30 a week on eBay and the like but I am far from it and sell like 1 a month. I thought I was helping people play games that they would otherwise be able to.

Never mind, if someone wants to create pack for 10y old console and not want to share them then fair enough.

If anyone wants to PM me regarding this matter please do but I would not rather discuss this matter in public