Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Combo-Breaker

Re: Funhouse and Knightmare

Post by Combo-Breaker » Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Nice one. :wink:

richie freebird

Post by richie freebird » Sun May 26, 2013 11:13 pm

I remember being terrified of Kinghtmare as a kid. I thought that the young contestants actualy really perished when they lost at the game. I couldn't understand why the kids would volunteer to go on the show. I was always just thinking “have these lads not seen what happens to all the other kids on this show?”. I recently admitted these old concerns to my younger sister when I showed her the joys of Knightmare during the CITV retro weekend, which she found quite amusing (as you would). Button Moon absolutely ruled that weekend though.
And this bird you'll never change...

manxman

Post by manxman » Tue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Downloaded all 8 seasons of Knightmare. aho But I am slightly to embaressed that I fancied Martina Grant one of the cheerleaders on Fun house

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am

I'm so glad that Knightmare is back on Challenge! :D :D 8) :D :D

It's my all time favourite programme!

I have all 8 series on VHS, I have watched them dozens and dozens of times on youtube and I'm recording them all off of challenge now!

It was such an amazing series and so far ahead of it's time!

The books were also fantastic and the board game was brilliant too!

I could talk for aaaaaaaaaaaaages about Knightmare, but I won't - I'm just extremely happy to see it on TV again!! :D 8) :D
Press Play On Tape

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:12 pm

richie freebird wrote:Button Moon absolutely ruled that weekend though.
Yes yes. No targeted promotions, merchandise tie-ins or cynical storylines for Mr Spoon, Tina Teaspoon or Eggbert. And a great theme tune as well, hearing it puts me back in 1984.

All a long time ago now.... :|
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:16 pm

A few years ago I went to a university bar where Pat Sharp was DJ'ing. After that we all started to call him Pat the Rat. What a slimy character.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Panther Clipper

Post by Panther Clipper » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

My one true regret in life is not being able to be on knightmare.
"By what name are you known?"
"There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?"
"greetings, Tim the Enchanter."

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:01 am

And here it is, the first NEW episode of Knightmare for almost 20 years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74r-EbIq ... q99ayihF0O
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Watched it before, it was okay I guess, shame there wasn't more dungeon exploring.
I know a lot of people weren't really into the contestants, the only one who's youtube videos I have seen is ashes (he's made a lot of good videos over the last 7 years), don't know who the other 3 were but they were all like 10-15 years younger than Ashens (can't say I fancy the look of their youtube videos either).

Hope they do more, would be a shame if it is a one off.

Also anyone ever see this at the time, possibly the thickest contestants to ever feature on the show?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciIfcYwI6Ps

mr gryzor

Post by mr gryzor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Knightmare was brilliant for the first 3 series',but it became crap when they introduced the Eye shield and the 'real' looking castle locations,along with camp villains like Lord Fear and that Lizard sidekick of his.

I cannot begin to describe how gutted i was after watching that first episode of series 4 back on that cold friday evening in September 1990.
C64-Atari ST-PC Engine-Sega Megadrive-SNES-Neo Geo-Sony Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-Gamecube-XBOX-Nintendo Wii-XBOX360-XBOX ONE

manxman

Post by manxman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Two of the best TV shows ever! I used to fancy and still do the two cheerleaders Mel and Martina Grant

manxman

Post by manxman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Downloaded all 8 seasons of Knightmare watch Fun House on You Tube (I don't have Challenge) because I always fancied the girls Mel and Martina Grant!!!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 pm

mr gryzor wrote:Knightmare was brilliant for the first 3 series',but it became crap when they introduced the Eye shield and the 'real' looking castle locations,along with camp villains like Lord Fear and that Lizard sidekick of his.

I cannot begin to describe how gutted i was after watching that first episode of series 4 back on that cold friday evening in September 1990.
Don't knock Lord Fear, I always liked The Opposition having a face and Treguard having someone to spar with verbally. The Eye Shield was bobbins though, but not as bad as that stupid 'reach' wand they had in 7-8. Series 1 is on Challenge again, I'm going to have to pester them on twitter to get the rights to 2-8 again. Seemed to work last time.

Combo-Breaker

Post by Combo-Breaker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Are Challenge still airing these shows?

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Combo-Breaker wrote:Are Challenge still airing these shows?
I don't think so. ISTR that they only acquired the rights to the first two seasons of each, and they don't seem interested in (or able to) show the other seasons.

As for post-season 3 Knightmare... I remember as a kid still watching and enjoying the later seasons but really, really missing the old format and characters. Getting some outside locations was nice but ugly digitised photos didn't make a good replacement for the beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds of the first couple of years. ISTR that season 8 tried to go back to the style of the original shows but using CGI, it didn't work particularly well but was still probably the best of the later seasons.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360