30 years of CITV

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Hardest of All Freds

Re: 30 years of CITV

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat May 11, 2013 11:42 am

Dunno if it has been mentioned but Challenge are showing Knightmare and Funhouse at 10pm some nights
Going Solo...................

rockdjuk

Post by rockdjuk » Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Saw this last night, how could they've got it so wrong??

FAR too much Holly Willoughby.
How can you ever have too much Holly willoughbooby ???

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Don't get me started on her - the most punchable face on television!

I mean outside of the political shows, obviously. And the majority of comedians.

And Amanda Holden.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Wouldn't waste your punches on Holden, so much Botox she wouldn't feel it.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 pm

True, true, true... Shouldn't be punching folk anyway. I'll drop a sea lion on top of her instead.
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

rockdjuk

Post by rockdjuk » Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Don't get me started on her - the most punchable face on television!

I mean outside of the political shows, obviously. And the majority of comedians.

And Amanda Holden.
1. I have to worry about anyone considering punching a woman

2. Are you blind ??? She's Hot as hell .

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu May 30, 2013 7:45 pm

rockdjuk wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Don't get me started on her - the most punchable face on television!

And Amanda Holden.
1. I have to worry about anyone considering punching a woman

2. Are you blind ??? She's Hot as hell .
1. Punching's already been withdrawn in the above post, replaced with a sea lion.

2. Not blind, but also she doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form! It's the personality as well, and the jobs and TV shows she does, and EVERYTHING else. Every time I see her I just think of morning blandness with Philip Schofield or screaming idiots on Celebrity Juice.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:37 am

This was recently repeated again and I watched it a 2nd time!

In my years of watching CITV (1985 - 1994), there were just so many amazing shows! Knightmare, Thomas The Tank Engine, Round The Bend, Let's Pretend, Count Duckular, Ghost Train, You're Mother Wouldn't Like It, The Tomorrow People, Erasmus Microman, Rainbow, Button Moon, Puddle Lane, Orm & Cheep, Danger Mouse, Portland Bill and many more I just adored and still have a lot of them on VHS! :D

I really think the 80s were the best time for Children's TV in general and not just CITV!

Though 95% of what I watched was on CITV! :D

But watching this back again I felt it moved far too quickly and for a 30th anniversary special 1 hour was far too little to really celebrate CITV!

However, they did give us a whole weekend of classic shows, so we can't complain too much!! :wink:
Press Play On Tape

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:34 am

Naitch wrote: But watching this back again I felt it moved far too quickly and for a 30th anniversary special 1 hour was far too little to really celebrate CITV!

However, they did give us a whole weekend of classic shows, so we can't complain too much!! :wink:
I saw the original weekend - was there also a one hour special that I missed?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 pm

The one hour special was on normal ITV on the Monday before hand I think, interviews with the old face of TV, like Ant & Dec, Sooty, Ant & Dec, Pat Sharp, Ant & Dec somemore :lol: Nice and nostalgic a bit top heavy on Ant & Dec, but then they did do an awful lot of popular stuff even back then too, so they kinda deserve it.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 am

I didn't even know they were on Gimme 5 at the time. Gimme 5 replaced Ghost Train, which I was fairly angry about so never really gave it the time of day.

Nobby the Sheep was there, but where was Trap Door, Ghostbusters and Barry Mafia??

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm not sure of this "Ant and Dec" you speak of.

Did PJ and Duncan make an appearance on it?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

piginapoke

Post by piginapoke » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:20 pm

ReBoot - awesome! Pity CITV pulled the plug before we found Bob in the Web. Firewall intro was fantastic :-)
"An intruder has penetrated our forcefield"

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Hmmm...this seems like a decent place to put this..

Remember the old show Do It with Sheelagh Gilbey and Neil Buchanan? It was an artsy-crafty type thing with annoying dancing and singing, but they had a cool supplement that you could send away for....

Well, here's a link below to some scans at my blog of one of those supplements! A few clips from the show there too!

http://deadpanflookandtheblogofstuff.bl ... ement.html
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

joefish

Post by joefish » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:44 pm

greenberet79 wrote:I'm not sure of this "Ant and Dec" you speak of.
Did PJ and Duncan make an appearance on it?
Actually, yes, they did. The very last show Ant & Dec did for CITV featured a viewer's vote that ended in all the presenters and guest bands joining in a performance of Let's Get Ready to Rhumble. :lol: