Trying to recall an old advert.

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Megamixer

Trying to recall an old advert.

Post by Megamixer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Okay, this one has been bugging me for years and I'd like to see it again just to prove to myself that it DID exist :lol:

It's from the 90's and I think it was advertising paracetomal/painkillers or something like that. The ad featured some roadworks with a pneumatic drill and a song that had lyrics along the lines of "When you're working harder", possibly repeated in a gruff, comical tone.

I know it's a bit random but does anybody else remember seeing this?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Helensification

Re: Trying to recall an old advert.

Post by Helensification » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:05 am

Was that for Forehead? (Or I think that's what it was called)

Edit - 4head I mean ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:44 am

Helensification wrote:Was that for Forehead? (Or I think that's what it was called)

Edit - 4head I mean ;)
That does ring a bell actually though a quick Youtube investigation turned up nothing.

I think with these old ads, we have to rely on people uploading ad break footage from old VHS tapes so it's all a bit random when it comes to trying to find something :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 pm

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA14454

This was the one I thought you meant but its not really that old so maybe not the right one.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Helensification wrote:http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA14454

This was the one I thought you meant but its not really that old so maybe not the right one.
Nah, not that one - it was definitely in the 90's. I think it was the guy with the drill that was getting the headache hence the "when you're working harder" song in the advert.

Thanks for trying anyway :)

MattyC64c

Post by MattyC64c » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:47 pm

I know of a guy on YouTube that seems to know about most adverts from the 80's and 90's, when i get chance I'll ask him. It was through him that I helped to resolve another advert question on here a few days ago.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:05 pm

MattyC64c wrote:I know of a guy on YouTube that seems to know about most adverts from the 80's and 90's, when i get chance I'll ask him. It was through him that I helped to resolve another advert question on here a few days ago.
That would be great :). It was one of those ads that was on so much that my Nan used to hate it whenever it came on :lol: . Would love to see it again.