GamesMaster

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: GamesMaster

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Ha! Never seen that - what an arsehole! His interview under the YouTube video as well makes him out to be even more of a whinger. Still hasn't got over it.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:16 pm

and on that ...BOMBSHELL.... :lol:

ootini

Post by ootini » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:59 pm

The battles with the mother I used to have to let me watch it instead of whatever sh!te she wanted to watch. Nearly always had to tape it and then watch later. Got really sh!t when yer man from Press Gang presented it. Gave up on it after that. It was always great to see games in action on it though. Anybody know where it was filmed? The Oil Rig 'set' from the first series looked absolutely massive and obviously really really cool.

Bad influence used to half-irritate the hell out of me. It was mainly down to the some young one in the reviews section who nearly always saud; "Aah laaak this gaeem 'cos its got gud g'drafix". I seem to recall Bad Influence used to always clash with some extra curricular activity at school and always had to be taped and watched later. They used to do those data blast things to where you had to pause the VCR and clunk through pages of info.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Loved GamesMaster got every episode saved on my harddrive now :D

the guy who runs the site sells full high quality box sets once or twice per year if anyones interested in them, very professional looking jobbies aswell :D
http://www.bookofthedead.ws/gamesmaster ... 812d829709
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Wol

Post by Wol » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Here's a treat.
I've posted this link before in another thread but it has to be mentioned again, this guy has uploaded EVERY SINGLE EPISODE! (likewise with Bad Influence, Bits, When Games Attack and Knightmare - the man's a legend! :D )

http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamiteHeaddy
wow, I know what I'm doing when I finish work, thank you so much mate for the link!

@Thenewmonkey them GamesMaster box sets are amazing, even more thanks for that link, I'll be enquiring thats for sure.
Image /// Drinkin' some beer, playin' some games \\\

retroreviewgames

Post by retroreviewgames » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks for the YouTube link I will probably watch through a lot of these during my lunch hours at work. Gotta love some retro games fun :-)

Fishsta

Post by Fishsta » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:41 am

It's funny thinking about the Gamesmaster "Gore Special"... just how gimmicky the pron games were, and how violent today's games are in comparison to those featured at the time.

The 90s ruled.
ImageImage

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 am

Slightly off topic but I'm sure the oil rig set was used in a episode of red dwarf

merman

Post by merman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:51 am

silvergunner wrote:Slightly off topic but I'm sure the oil rig set was used in a episode of red dwarf
It's actually a Victorian pumping station in London.

mothmouth

Post by mothmouth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 pm

One episode that sticks out to me is when they showed Tomb Raider 2 and had two guys racing through a section of it.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:19 pm

merman wrote:
silvergunner wrote:Slightly off topic but I'm sure the oil rig set was used in a episode of red dwarf
It's actually a Victorian pumping station in London.

There goes my childhood illusion of you having to get there by helicopter :(

Thanks to that link, I have wasted several hours watching various episodes. Loved it as a kid, and it still stands up now (with the added bonus of all the innuendo I previously missed). The reviews section is so short as to be pointless, and the journalists they have on just seem awkward. The show does move at a breakneck pace, and I wonder if it could have been better with hour long episodes

rupert

Post by rupert » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:Loved GamesMaster got every episode saved on my harddrive now :D

the guy who runs the site sells full high quality box sets once or twice per year if anyones interested in them, very professional looking jobbies aswell :D
http://www.bookofthedead.ws/gamesmaster ... 812d829709

I have this DVD set and can confirm they are good if anyone was thinking of purchasing.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm

The one perfect thing about Gamesmaster was the casting of DD - I can't think of anyone from around that time who would have suited it better.

As for Dexter Fletcher - no, no, NOOOOOOOOOO. I would rather have seen Trevor McDonald or Philip Schofield hosting.

ootini

Post by ootini » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Dexter Fletcher! That was that knobend from Press Gang's name! Ruined the show completely. Put me off watching the show and never really went back to it even when DD did returned.

Trevor McDonald would have made a good games master actually - maybe they could do a reboot with him as GM as Patrick Moore is pushing 90 these days and, well his political views are not really that popular with most people are they?

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

I actually really like Dexter Fletcher, I met him at Gamesmaster Live and he signed my ticket, film director now isn't he?
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.