CFF: Childrens Film Foundation films at BFI & coming to DVD!

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

bensonrad

CFF: Childrens Film Foundation films at BFI & coming to DVD!

Post by bensonrad » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:33 pm

I know this has cropped up in other posts in the Blast from The Past, however I just noticed on my BFI (British Film Institute) email that a DVD release is coming with 3 of the Childrens Film Foundation Films on. It seems they now have all 400 or so films in their archieve and the rights. Thus they are releasing them gradually on DVD. Will be great to see some of these classics from yesterday released at last. I guess the 8 that were released by Network DVD a while back will drop in value now though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jun ... sfeed=true
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

RetroAerosmith

Re: CFF: Childrens Film Foundation films at BFI & coming to

Post by RetroAerosmith » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Yes i saw this on amazon today funnily enough, Hopefully theyll release the ones shown during cbbc or school holidays. As much as i like watching copied dvdr of them id prefer the proper releases.

bensonrad

Re: CFF: Childrens Film Foundation films at BFI & coming to

Post by bensonrad » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 am

I have 3 of the 4 ones released by Network DVD, the Runnaway Train with Ronnie Barker is pretty good. Still got to watch the others. I also saw BFI have released a dvd on short films about pubs which looked interested. Oddly enough I saw it been reviewed in the Evening Standard or maybe it was Metro yesterday. May have to try picking that up.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.