Stephen King Movies/TV

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

thebear

Re: Stephen King Movies/TV

Post by thebear » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Although I luterally can't wait to see the Dark Tower tv series and movies should they ever get done!

(have been supposedly getting made then dropped for what seems like year but are supposed to now stat filming next year)
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

thebear

Post by thebear » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 pm

also I haven't watched yet myself but has anyone mention the film adaption of Depseration?
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 pm

I just noticed in the upcoming TV schedules, that 'Children of the Corn' is on next Sunday at 00:45. Is it any good? I haven't read the book of it, by the way.

merman

Post by merman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Katzkatz wrote:I just noticed in the upcoming TV schedules, that 'Children of the Corn' is on next Sunday at 00:45. Is it any good? I haven't read the book of it, by the way.
It was originally just a short story, greatly expanded to become a film (and then a series of sequels).

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:03 pm

It's not too bad. It does have a few genuinely chilling moments.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

thebear

Post by thebear » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am

Looks like the IT remake is back on track and thankfully being made into two films instead of crammed into one

and while looking for that I discovered they've already started shooting on a Carrie remake

scunny

Post by scunny » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 pm

IT was a great movie right up until the last part with the lights and spider and whatnot. Book isnt that much better.

Tim Curry did an amazing job as PennyWise though, very snarly and scary.
XBL: RainMan 999
(Add me for some overwatch!)

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

scunny wrote:Tim Curry did an amazing job as PennyWise though, very snarly and scary.
i couldn't take him seriously,every time i saw him i kept thinking "that's the bloke from rocky horror,home alone 2 and loaded weapon" i don't want to say it spoilt the film just scaled back the scary a lot.
thebear wrote:Looks like the IT remake is back on track and thankfully being made into two films instead of crammed into one
interesting,i hope they make both before releasing the first in case it bombs and we are only left with the first.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 am

noobish hat wrote:The tv version of The Shining was pretty bad, as I recall.
^ agreed, I hated it! 'Tony' (Danny's imaginary friend) looks like a hovering Harry Potter, the fire hose in the hotel turns into a CGI evil snake and tried to eat the camera, the ghosts in the boiler room look (and argue) like Laurel and Hardy, and Jack Torrence, while standing over his son with an axe, ad-libs for about 10 minutes before changing his mind and blowing up the hotel instead. Totally weak compared to Kubrick's (and Nicholson's) genius.