The Warriors...

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Combo-Breaker

The Warriors...

Post by Combo-Breaker » Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Caaaaan Youuuuuu Diiiiiiiiig Ittttttttttttttt? :)

Great Cult Classic! Agree?

Shinobi

Re: The Warriors...

Post by Shinobi » Tue May 08, 2012 12:12 pm

When he's banging those milk bottles together "Warriiooors come out to play" Still a damn good film now..

Hope to god they don't remake it, I imagine if they remade it "oh oh bruv, the warriors where f'ing eyeballing me like init"
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Love the film, love the game - great stuff.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

1500graham

Post by 1500graham » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Was always gutted that Cleon got taken down early doors, but Swan did a first class job as War Chief.
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

eeztheman

Post by eeztheman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Only saw it for the first time last year - what a great film!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:34 am

I remember the first time I saw this film (ashamedly about 3 years ago :oops: ). One of the best chase movies I've ever seen. I loved it so much, I even had the whole 'Warriors, come out to plaaayyyyy' bit as my ringtone :D
Talking about a remake, there was some chatter about a proposed remake some years ago. I'm just hoping they still don't go through with it. TBH, the only good remake I've seen is Death Race (which, I'm ashamed to say, I absolutely love).
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:52 pm

get it right: "Playyayyy!" :) fantastic film and any attempt to remake it, no matter who writes it, who directs it, who stars in it, and how big the budget is, will be s**t!

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:24 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:TBH, the only good remake I've seen is Death Race (which, I'm ashamed to say, I absolutely love).
The original Death Race is terrible. You can't really go wrong with Statham, even though he does try hard :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:16 am

The Angry Jock wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:TBH, the only good remake I've seen is Death Race (which, I'm ashamed to say, I absolutely love).
The original Death Race is terrible. You can't really go wrong with Statham, even though he does try hard :lol:
I used to like the original, up until about 5 years ago. I just bunged it on, and thought 'what a pile of crap!' The only good thing about it is Stallone's over the top acting, and the 'hand grenade' gag. The remake is all kinds of awesome, and Statham is suited for the part.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 am

I love The Warriors, but the special edition that was released a few years ago doesn't work for me. The comic book links between scenes slows the film down almost to a grinding halt way too often.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the girl in the shop that the Rogues rob is hot?
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Anyone else reckon that the 8 bit game Renegade was based on this movie?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm

One of my all-time favourite films. I first saw it when I was about 14, by accident; my best-mates older brother left his copy in the VHS player and after turning the TV on and watching a few minutes of it we decided to rewind it and watch it all from the beginning. After that, a few of us became mildly obsessed with it and would constantly talk about it and reference it at school, but no-one had any idea what we were on about. I don't think it was until the first DVD release came out that more and more people got into it, and more so with the game (which was brilliant) a few years later.

A few years back I was telling a uni housemate about the film and that he should get a copy for us to watch. He picked up some kind of anniversary edition in which the scenes were bookended by these god-awful comic-book-type frames. I've heard that that is now the most available version and that the original edit is hard to come by, so I'm glad that I own a copy of the first edition DVD because that comic-frame stuff was just horrible.

Also, the original DVD has German-language dubbing which makes the final bottles scene even funnier: " Varriors, kommen aus und spielen!!"
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

one of my favourite films, and i really liked the comic book additions to the special release :oops:

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Isn't it based on a novel, which in turn is based on Xenophon's Anabasis? The themes (and even the names of a couple of the characters) are similar; a Greek army (led by Cyrus the Younger, who is killed in battle), become stranded deep in enemy territory and must fight their way back home.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:04 am

Thanks to having older brothers I was brought up with this film :lol: . It was randomly on Sky probably just a few weeks back iirc. Still brilliant. And no, a remake would not be a good idea.

Eat your nans pants