Page 1 of 4

Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm
by thebear
Original 1981 version - Image


I dunno who'll be more excited on his birthday, him or me??? :lol:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 pm
by jdanddiet
I wouldn't let my son near that :lol:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:38 pm
by thebear
jdanddiet wrote:I wouldn't let my son near that :lol:

He can definately be the goodies (as he puts it) that day!

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:11 pm
by Liamh1982
Your son?
Yeah, I believe you... :lol:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:13 pm
by thebear
Liamh1982 wrote:Your son?
Yeah, I believe you... :lol:
It is honest!!!

Although I may have to decide wether it's suitable for a 4 year old or not lol

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm
by joefish
They were expensive enough at the time, never mind now! I remember making my own out of cardboard and sellotape (mostly sellotape, if I remember rightly!), then fitting LEDs in drinking straws so the cannons lit up.

To be frank, a four-year old will trash that. The plastic around the screwed joints will be even more brittle and fragile now than it was originally. It'll be limping on three legs before long.

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:42 pm
by Megamixer
joefish wrote: To be frank, a four-year old will trash that. The plastic around the screwed joints will be even more brittle and fragile now that it was originally. It'll be limping on three legs before long.
Yeah, Star Wars collectors will be weeping into their Darth Vader voice-changing helmets :lol: . I would have just gone for one of the cheaper 90's models like the one I had (but sadly binned :( ).

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm
by resident paul
thebear wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:Your son?
Yeah, I believe you... :lol:
It is honest!!!

Although I may have to decide wether it's suitable for a 4 year old or not lol
Or whether you want to rebuild it after your son got his hands on it! :wink:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:55 pm
by Mire Mare
Very cool present :) It's a toy. Let the kid play!*















*under close supervision.

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm
by thebear
Megamixer wrote:
joefish wrote: To be frank, a four-year old will trash that. The plastic around the screwed joints will be even more brittle and fragile now that it was originally. It'll be limping on three legs before long.
Yeah, Star Wars collectors will be weeping into their Darth Vader voice-changing helmets :lol: . I would have just gone for one of the cheaper 90's models like the one I had (but sadly binned :( ).
Screw the collectors, these things are toys and were made to be played with!

Plus I got it for only 30 odd quid as missing cockpit cover (I guess collectors MUST have that bit?)

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm
by StickHead
Cool, get him this for his next birthday:

Image

He can use them as a set of coasters for his glass of Vimto. :wink:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 pm
by Antiriad2097
It can't be right that I envy a 4 year old :oops:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 pm
by thebear
StickHead wrote:Cool, get him this for his next birthday:

Image

He can use them as a set of coasters for his glass of Vimto. :wink:
Using those as coasters is more the equivilant of buying a toy to just sit in a box than what I'm doing

What I'm doing here is like buying those games and, shock horror, playing them

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 pm
by Scapegoat
thebear wrote:
StickHead wrote:Cool, get him this for his next birthday:

Image

He can use them as a set of coasters for his glass of Vimto. :wink:
Using those as coasters is more the equivilant of buying a toy to just sit in a box than what I'm doing

What u doing is like buying those games and, shock horror, playing them
I applaud you whole heartedly, if your son gets so much enjoyment out of the AT-AT that it eventually gets trashed due to heavy use then it was a worthwhile purchase.

Now all you need to do is post pictures of you burning the box after he's opened it. :wink:

Re: Look what I just bought for my son!!

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:54 am
by StickHead
thegrizzlybear wrote:Using those as coasters is more the equivilant of buying a toy to just sit in a box than what I'm doing

What u doing is like buying those games and, shock horror, playing them
I agree mate, there's nothing worse than a toy sealed away in a box never to be played - it's what they were made for, after all. I think it's seriously cool that your kid is into Star Wars toys. Unfortunately my boy is all Thomas the Tank and Peppa Pig (need to re-educate I think!).

The Panzer Dragoon thing was just a joke, don't get your knickers in a twist :lol: .