Which is the better film - Robocop or The Terminator?

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Which is the better film - Robocop or The Terminator?

Robocop
58%
The Terminator
42%

Total votes: 78

SJ_Sathanas

Re: Which is the better film - Robocop or The Terminator?

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:05 pm

LOL "ladies leave"
shmuk wrote:
themightymartin wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSfMq1apGXU

The legendary Robocop tv edit
Love the badly done, digitally added tank top
Oh wow that's funny. Why would they do a boob shot in the first place? it makes no sense to have one unless it's part of the plot...
It's a Paul Verhoven thing. He likes to show how near-future society has progressed beyond petty little sexual tensions. He did the same thing with the shower scene in Starship Troopers. Or he just likes filming titties. One or the other.

shmuk

Post by shmuk » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:30 am

Well, don't get me wrong - I'm not against either =D
- Shmuk Lidooha

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 am

More pictures

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/highly- ... se-padilha

Looks a lot better with the helmet, and whilst I'm warming to the design it still looks a bit rubbery, and those shots on the bike look like Tron with the lights switched off

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 am

Looks like the Dark Knight Batman outfit.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Looks pretty good in the Batman style. Does look more like armour than a robot though.

Also wrong thread lol

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 pm

parappa wrote:I think Termintor is slightly better because the love story stays in your mind more..but It is a hair difference. Robocop is awesome, and I read it was a jesus metaphor.

actually i always felt that the whole love story was just so so ...hollywood something you coudl expct from the word go
the little twist that kyle is actually johns father was nice but it added little to the thin love story

robocop on the other hand doesnt bother with such fluffy nonsense and just tells its story with brutal over the top violence
and wicked sneering satire while its storyline is more relevant today then it ever was
of the two is probably the better movie and certainly the most layerd there is something new to be found in it each time you watch it

while terminator is a fairly straightforward scifi movie with a few twists and gorgeous ( stop motion ) special effects

as far as sequels are concerned

i never quite got why peopel think robocop 2 is a nasty mean spirited movie
it may not have the sneering satire of the first but the satire is there
and its not as if robocop 1 wasnt violent or mean spirited it wa sjust tempered by jet black satire
its just that the story is weaker makes several U turns and robocop is back to being more machine then human
where is the human that was liberated at the end of 1 ?

robocop 3 is just complete and utter garbage though i have a robocop box set and 3 has never even been taken out of the tray
it could be glued in place for all i know

terminator 2
great movie better in some respects then the first movie and it caps the story neatly

terminator 3
awful awful movie
complete and utterbullshit it completley invalidates the second movie
the only good thing about it is the special effects but its not half as funny or cute as it thinks it is while the terminatrix is an awful 90's bad grrrls relic and it didnt work for me at all
a garbage movie that should have been aborted at the script stage
the best thing about 3 was its downbeat depressing ending that didnt really fit the tone of the rest of the movie ( t3 was stupid and finally got serious at the end )

terminator salvation
well its better then 3 but that doesnt say much
seeing the war in its early stages was interesting though
and the marcus character was the best in the movie ( a terminator that thinks its a human ) and it made for some spectacular fight scenes
i just found the way connor got injured was a bit too convienient to take marcus out of the picture in a possible sequel

so for me

terminator :

robocop

and in both series the third movie is the worst
how amusing
boggyb68 wrote:Robocop for me, just love the feel of the film.. do Like T1 and T2 though..

Demolition Man anyone.. ;)

B.

another great one
though its satire isnt as razor sharp as robocops and edgar friendly and his revolutionaries are kind of forgotten in the third act of the movie its stil one of stallones better action movies
its the kind fo movie you watch to feel good for alaugh
...mellow greetings

(yes thread necromancy !
but at least i had something to say other then a quote and a yeah ! :wink: )
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

snowkatt wrote:
parappa wrote:I think Termintor is slightly better because the love story stays in your mind more..but It is a hair difference. Robocop is awesome, and I read it was a jesus metaphor.

actually i always felt that the whole love story was just so so ...hollywood something you coudl expct from the word go
the little twist that kyle is actually johns father was nice but it added little to the thin love story

robocop on the other hand doesnt bother with such fluffy nonsense and just tells its story with brutal over the top violence
and wicked sneering satire while its storyline is more relevant today then it ever was
of the two is probably the better movie and certainly the most layerd there is something new to be found in it each time you watch it

while terminator is a fairly straightforward scifi movie with a few twists and gorgeous ( stop motion ) special effects

as far as sequels are concerned

i never quite got why peopel think robocop 2 is a nasty mean spirited movie
it may not have the sneering satire of the first but the satire is there
and its not as if robocop 1 wasnt violent or mean spirited it wa sjust tempered by jet black satire
its just that the story is weaker makes several U turns and robocop is back to being more machine then human
where is the human that was liberated at the end of 1 ?

robocop 3 is just complete and utter garbage though i have a robocop box set and 3 has never even been taken out of the tray
it could be glued in place for all i know

terminator 2
great movie better in some respects then the first movie and it caps the story neatly

terminator 3
awful awful movie
complete and utterbullshit it completley invalidates the second movie
the only good thing about it is the special effects but its not half as funny or cute as it thinks it is while the terminatrix is an awful 90's bad grrrls relic and it didnt work for me at all
a garbage movie that should have been aborted at the script stage
the best thing about 3 was its downbeat depressing ending that didnt really fit the tone of the rest of the movie ( t3 was stupid and finally got serious at the end )

terminator salvation
well its better then 3 but that doesnt say much
seeing the war in its early stages was interesting though
and the marcus character was the best in the movie ( a terminator that thinks its a human ) and it made for some spectacular fight scenes
i just found the way connor got injured was a bit too convienient to take marcus out of the picture in a possible sequel

so for me

terminator :

robocop

and in both series the third movie is the worst
how amusing
boggyb68 wrote:Robocop for me, just love the feel of the film.. do Like T1 and T2 though..

Demolition Man anyone.. ;)

B.

another great one
though its satire isnt as razor sharp as robocops and edgar friendly and his revolutionaries are kind of forgotten in the third act of the movie its stil one of stallones better action movies
its the kind fo movie you watch to feel good for alaugh
...mellow greetings

(yes thread necromancy !
but at least i had something to say other then a quote and a yeah ! :wink: )
Yeah :wink:

I do love Demolition Man, too. I do have to agree, it is one of Stallone's best.

Back on topic, I still think robocop could have have the T800 any day of the week. T800 would put up a bit of a fight, but as soon as that metal spike pops out of his fist.....Game Over!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!