Page 14 of 20

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:41 pm
by tachi
Treguard wrote: Fabled Lands Publishing (Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson's company, sort of) are starting to reprint the Falcon books, the Renegade Lord is available now. They are really good, and its a shame they got cancelled before being finished. You can clearly tell the word came down halfway through the writing of book 6. The starts great, it finishes well, the middle is an incoherent mess. It peaked with Rack of Baal IMO. Dave posted on his blog recently about an idea they had to reboot it, to be honest I'm glad they didn't, but it's interesting all the same:

http://fabledlands.blogspot.co.uk/
Awesome find mate, thank you doe sharing! Off to buy it now :)

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:46 am
by Treguard
Knowing there are both Gamebook and wrestling fans on this forum, I thought I'd point people in the way of Slammed! by Choice of Games. It's an interactive novel based in the world of pro-wrestling, involving backstage politics, feuds, the whole shebang. It's on IOS, Android and Steam. I've been playing through it and it's really enjoyable so far.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:53 pm
by Boulder
Tin Man Games has provided the Humble Bundle links to the Kickstarter backers who pledged to get the older games as well. I have quickly tested Forest of Doom earlier and it felt nice, so maybe I'll give the games a go during the holidays.

I should also get my Christmas present to myself tomorrow, the tabletop version of Warlock of Firetop Mountain. Cost me 10 euros + p&p so it was a steal if it's in good condition with everything intact as promised.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:56 pm
by Belgarath
Boulder wrote:
I should also get my Christmas present to myself tomorrow, the tabletop version of Warlock of Firetop Mountain. Cost me 10 euros + p&p so it was a steal if it's in good condition with everything intact as promised.
Can I come round to your house to play? :)

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:01 pm
by Boulder
Belgarath wrote:
Boulder wrote:
I should also get my Christmas present to myself tomorrow, the tabletop version of Warlock of Firetop Mountain. Cost me 10 euros + p&p so it was a steal if it's in good condition with everything intact as promised.
Can I come round to your house to play? :)
Anytime, just bring lots of beer and crisps :mrgreen:

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:43 am
by Treguard
Boulder wrote:Tin Man Games has provided the Humble Bundle links to the Kickstarter backers who pledged to get the older games as well. I have quickly tested Forest of Doom earlier and it felt nice, so maybe I'll give the games a go during the holidays.

I should also get my Christmas present to myself tomorrow, the tabletop version of Warlock of Firetop Mountain. Cost me 10 euros + p&p so it was a steal if it's in good condition with everything intact as promised.
Was tempted by a copy of this on ebay myself, but it's missing a few bits and bobs and cost more than that. If it's compete that's a great deal.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:36 am
by Boulder
I just picked it up at the local post office and checked the contents. Everything's intact and apart from the box itself, it looks almost new :D I've seen these cost 30-40 euros and they've sometimes not even been complete so this was a very lucky strike at that price..

I'll have to try and get the kids to test the game over the holidays.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm
by Treguard
tachi wrote:
Treguard wrote: Fabled Lands Publishing (Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson's company, sort of) are starting to reprint the Falcon books, the Renegade Lord is available now. They are really good, and its a shame they got cancelled before being finished. You can clearly tell the word came down halfway through the writing of book 6. The starts great, it finishes well, the middle is an incoherent mess. It peaked with Rack of Baal IMO. Dave posted on his blog recently about an idea they had to reboot it, to be honest I'm glad they didn't, but it's interesting all the same:

http://fabledlands.blogspot.co.uk/
Awesome find mate, thank you doe sharing! Off to buy it now :)
Seems like it didn't sell that well so they're not doing the other books any time soon :cry:

http://fabledlands.blogspot.co.uk/

On the plus side, Dave says he might finally get round to re doing Blood Sword book 5, put paid to the scalpers trying to sell it for over a hundred quid on ebay.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:38 pm
by Belgarath
Absolute shame Falcon hasn't done well, I've just bought the first book to show my support as it is an amazing series and the rest deserve to reprinted.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:23 am
by Treguard
Reading the ongoing saga of Joe Dever's attempt to get Lone Wolf book 29 published is heart breaking. Mantikore-Verlag pulled out in December, and Cubicle 7, who do the Lone Wolf Adventure Game were supposed to have picked it up, but now they've decided it's too much of a stretch for them, he's now considering self publishing. Apparently there's already an Italian version out by a different publisher, surely there's scope for a kickstarter to get it done in the original language?

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:51 am
by Treguard
Treguard wrote:Reading the ongoing saga of Joe Dever's attempt to get Lone Wolf book 29 published is heart breaking. Mantikore-Verlag pulled out in December, and Cubicle 7, who do the Lone Wolf Adventure Game were supposed to have picked it up, but now they've decided it's too much of a stretch for them, he's now considering self publishing. Apparently there's already an Italian version out by a different publisher, surely there's scope for a kickstarter to get it done in the original language?
Update- It's being self-published and is due to go to press next week! You can order it here:

http://www.mapmagnamund.com/id72.html

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:25 pm
by Belgarath
Thank you for the link! Bought it :D

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:49 pm
by Treguard
Belgarath wrote:Thank you for the link! Bought it :D
Great! Let me know what you think when you get it, I can't afford it this month but it'll be first thing I buy when I get paid!

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:20 am
by thingonaspring
I picked up a massive carrier bag full of FF books from a charity shop the other day, some new, some old.
Not had a chance to look through them properly yet, but will put some photos up if there's any interest. I doubt I'd keep any of them.

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:44 am
by Treguard
thingonaspring wrote:I picked up a massive carrier bag full of FF books from a charity shop the other day, some new, some old.
Not had a chance to look through them properly yet, but will put some photos up if there's any interest. I doubt I'd keep any of them.
Always on the lookout for gamebooks mate, lets see what you've got! I know Shinobi was interested too, I sent him a few myself.