Fighting Fantasy

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Treguard

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Post by Treguard » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Tin Man Games have a kickstarter for their new reimagined table top RPG version of Warlock of Firetop Mountain. It's already funded as of now, but it looks awesome and some of the stretch goals are pretty cool too:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wa ... ero_thanks

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Bloody hell, some bloke pledged £700! Treguard did you win the lottery?
Scott me up beamie!

Belgarath

Post by Belgarath » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Looks great! I've still got the book and the boardgame (wonder if they'll use any of the elements from the board game in it)..

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Backed immediately!

Too bad that I've missed many interesting Kickstarters. Is there some list of new projects available? It might be useful to take a look from time to time.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:20 am

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Bloody hell, some bloke pledged £700! Treguard did you win the lottery?
No comment. TBF though, and this might be heresy, I don't actually like WOFTM that much. It's a first attempt, and feels it and there's an obvious shift in tone and style at the river (Ian Livingstone wrote everything up to there, Steve Jackson wrote the rest). Now, if they carried this on to say, Deathtrap Dungeon or Trial of Champions (which are the two obvious dungeon crawl books in the series) then we're talking...

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Heresy!! Some guys on the fighting fantasy forum on Facebook are saying Knightmare is coming back on Challenge. Have you heard about that young master Treguard?
Scott me up beamie!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Heresy!! Some guys on the fighting fantasy forum on Facebook are saying Knightmare is coming back on Challenge. Have you heard about that young master Treguard?
Posted about this in the anti-gears thread the other day- 2 episodes on a Sunday, 10am to 11am. Most likely just the first two series though as that's all Challenge had the rights to last time I asked them.

merman

Post by merman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Treguard wrote:
Scratch_Porkings wrote:Heresy!! Some guys on the fighting fantasy forum on Facebook are saying Knightmare is coming back on Challenge. Have you heard about that young master Treguard?
Posted about this in the anti-gears thread the other day- 2 episodes on a Sunday, 10am to 11am. Most likely just the first two series though as that's all Challenge had the rights to last time I asked them.
They do have the rights to season 3 now.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Well I'm tuning in, I can't wait to see nerd kids get lost in a room with 2 doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERLLUoZn0mM&sns=em
Scott me up beamie!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:00 pm

merman wrote:
Treguard wrote:
They do have the rights to season 3 now.
Still Pickle free then. That's good.

PAC

Post by PAC » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Just had a swipe through the channel to record and actually starts tomorrow.. Saturday at 10.30am.

Record Series Pressed.

Thanks for the great tip-off !

tachi

Post by tachi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:49 pm

I chucked my $20 in as Tin Man Games do generally do a pretty good job with these books (but really disliked the Sorcery combat system).
That said I am saddened noone has picked up the Falcon books to do anything with :(
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

Belgarath

Post by Belgarath » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:22 pm

As Tinman are (were?) planning to convert the Way of the Tiger books I'd be very surprised if they didn't convert the very excellent Falcon series as well at some point.
I'm still waiting for Grailquest personally.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:56 pm

I've got an almost complete Falcon collection. Great sci fi and no need for dice. Yea get these books converted Tin Man, then my collection can stay in the loft.
Scott me up beamie!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:35 am

tachi wrote:I chucked my $20 in as Tin Man Games do generally do a pretty good job with these books (but really disliked the Sorcery combat system).
That said I am saddened noone has picked up the Falcon books to do anything with :(
Fabled Lands Publishing (Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson's company, sort of) are starting to reprint the Falcon books, the Renegade Lord is available now. They are really good, and its a shame they got cancelled before being finished. You can clearly tell the word came down halfway through the writing of book 6. The starts great, it finishes well, the middle is an incoherent mess. It peaked with Rack of Baal IMO. Dave posted on his blog recently about an idea they had to reboot it, to be honest I'm glad they didn't, but it's interesting all the same:

http://fabledlands.blogspot.co.uk/