Fighting Fantasy

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

SJ_Sathanas

Re: Fighting Fantasy

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:58 pm

I didn't even bother with the dice-battles in the end. I'd be like "Yup, won that. Moving on...." :D
Even with blatant cheating I never did manage to finish Crimson Tide or Creature of Havoc

piginapoke

Post by piginapoke » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:17 pm

City of Thieves was my favourite single book but the Sorcery! series was awesome. Still got them. Might cheat my way through to see the end.
"An intruder has penetrated our forcefield"

tachi

Post by tachi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 pm

How the heck did I not see this earlier?
$50 pledged.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161 ... ctors-edit
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Missing book 7! I read these to death I'd love to read a new one.
Scott me up beamie!

tachi

Post by tachi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Missing book 7! I read these to death I'd love to read a new one.
Book 6 ended on a cliffhanger and it will be beautiful to end the tale (and have a prequel to boot)'
Well worth $50 (£37 or so).

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Unfortunately I never really got into it much. I kind of wish I had since I had some of the books and everything. I suppose it was a rerelease box set but I had one birthday or Christmas which contained Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Citadel of Chaos, Deathtrap Dungeon. I didn't ever end up finishing them.

I do recall sending off for something either in the post or online and getting back this kind of starter pack things which had a few goodies in and some exclusive artwork. I remember the artwork was some kind of green lizardman creature in a robe, sadly all this got thrown away years ago.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:08 pm

tachi wrote:How the heck did I not see this earlier?
$50 pledged.

Stupid child taking all my money...can't afford kickstarter... why did I decide to procreate now I can't afford shiny things...grrrr...

To be honest Thomson and Oliver's world building for Orb was fairly awesome, although they did sometimes write it as if the player should know it as well as they did- I died so many times in Overlord after picking the wrong advisers and you don't find out you've done it until ages afterwards. I'd buy number seven if it ever comes up on general release.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Treguard wrote:
$50 pledged.

Stupid child taking all my money...can't afford kickstarter... why did I decide to procreate now I can't afford shiny things...grrrr...

To be honest Thomson and Oliver's world building for Orb was fairly awesome, although they did sometimes write it as if the player should know it as well as they did- I died so many times in Overlord after picking the wrong advisers and you don't find out you've done it until ages afterwards. I'd buy number seven if it ever comes up on general release.
I found Overlord and a few of the other 'Way of the Tiger' books in Healthy Planet.. I enjoyed Overlord and died loads of times even allowing myself to win every fight... Finally realised you need Foxglove' as a advisory, as that old dude is really a Assassin wearing his skin, and discredited the Merchant so you keep all his Money.. I thought the sixth book your trapped on the Spiders Web and you have to die?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

tachi

Post by tachi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Treguard wrote:
$50 pledged.

I just got sent Book 0 (prequel) in PDF if you want a copy dude?

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:13 pm

tachi wrote:
Treguard wrote:
$50 pledged.

I just got sent Book 0 (prequel) in PDF if you want a copy dude?
Not been on the forum for ages and come back to this! HELL YES.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Also, Tin Man Games have announced they'll be releasing ALL the Golden Dragon and Sagas of the Demonspawn gamebooks on IOS and Android, as well as Way of the Tiger! The new version of Fighting Fantasy 7 Island of the Lizard King is out now, and they're doing Appointment with F.E.A.R. and Starship Traveller next. Great stuff.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Treguard wrote:Also, Tin Man Games have announced they'll be releasing ALL the Golden Dragon and Sagas of the Demonspawn gamebooks on IOS and Android, as well as Way of the Tiger! The new version of Fighting Fantasy 7 Island of the Lizard King is out now, and they're doing Appointment with F.E.A.R. and Starship Traveller next. Great stuff.
I'm loving the FF on me tab. And I've downloaded all the lone wolf books aswell as I did on my old PDA years ago. I can't wait for the way of the tiger books. I've got them all but it'll be cool on the nexus.
Scott me up beamie!

manxman

Post by manxman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Got books 1 to 15 loved them till I discovered D&D

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 am

Starship Traveller is out now on IOS, I think on Android too. It's got some nice new features such as being able to name all your crew, I'm just hoping they've tweaked the ending slightly as the original book was incredibly unfair in as much as you didn't know if you'd been following the wrong path for the entire book until practically the last section. Granted it increased the replay value, but going through the entire book and then having your whole crew killed because you visited the wrong sequence of planets (with no explanation as to why they weren't right) was really unfair.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Treguard wrote:Starship Traveller is out now on IOS, I think on Android too. It's got some nice new features such as being able to name all your crew, I'm just hoping they've tweaked the ending slightly as the original book was incredibly unfair in as much as you didn't know if you'd been following the wrong path for the entire book until practically the last section. Granted it increased the replay value, but going through the entire book and then having your whole crew killed because you visited the wrong sequence of planets (with no explanation as to why they weren't right) was really unfair.
Thanks for the heads up, I've downloaded it I'll let you know the ending when I get there. Sorcery is also out on android and it's been converted to android really well, well worth a download. Haven't completed it yet, just need the grail quest books converted and all my books can go in the loft!
Scott me up beamie!