Help remembering a cartoon i saw in the 80's

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

silvergunner

Help remembering a cartoon i saw in the 80's

Post by silvergunner » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:30 am

After the quick success of my last animation related enquiry i thought i would try you nice people again :) Im trying to remember a feature length cartoon but i cannot say for certain if the following details are correct. It was based in space and revolved around a boy who i think got stuck in a different period of time and some guy who was trying to find him who was still in contact with him by the way of some kind of communicator. But he only had enough time to try to get him back while a comet was passing by i think. The boy befriended an alien creature who got killed by being eaten by tenticles in a cave which considering i was really young at the time made me quite upset. I think it ended with the guy failing to get the boy back. To me it was one of those things you only ever see once but regardless of how good or bad the program/film was it somehow leaves quite an impression on you. From memory it was quite a deep and sad cartoon due to the subject matter. The only other info which is probably no use was that it was a french and american production but that was relly common for the time it was made.

RMLF

Re: Help remembering a cartoon i saw in the 80's

Post by RMLF » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:51 am

silvergunner wrote:After the quick success of my last animation related enquiry i thought i would try you nice people again :) Im trying to remember a feature length cartoon but i cannot say for certain if the following details are correct. It was based in space and revolved around a boy who i think got stuck in a different period of time and some guy who was trying to find him who was still in contact with him by the way of some kind of communicator. But he only had enough time to try to get him back while a comet was passing by i think. The boy befriended an alien creature who got killed by being eaten by tenticles in a cave which considering i was really young at the time made me quite upset. I think it ended with the guy failing to get the boy back. To me it was one of those things you only ever see once but regardless of how good or bad the program/film was it somehow leaves quite an impression on you. From memory it was quite a deep and sad cartoon due to the subject matter. The only other info which is probably no use was that it was a french and american production but that was relly common for the time it was made.
100 Percent it's - Time Masters/ Les Maitres Du Temps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Ma%C3%AEtres_du_temps

Enjoy it again, as it's amazing!
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 am

silvergunner wrote:After the quick success of my last animation related enquiry i thought i would try you nice people again :) Im trying to remember a feature length cartoon but i cannot say for certain if the following details are correct. It was based in space and revolved around a boy who i think got stuck in a different period of time and some guy who was trying to find him who was still in contact with him by the way of some kind of communicator. But he only had enough time to try to get him back while a comet was passing by i think. The boy befriended an alien creature who got killed by being eaten by tenticles in a cave which considering i was really young at the time made me quite upset. I think it ended with the guy failing to get the boy back. To me it was one of those things you only ever see once but regardless of how good or bad the program/film was it somehow leaves quite an impression on you. From memory it was quite a deep and sad cartoon due to the subject matter. The only other info which is probably no use was that it was a french and american production but that was relly common for the time it was made.
I remember watching that and Laputa on BBC back in the 80's.. I always thought I imagined it but I remember that Alien(it looked like a Anteater) getting eaten by those Tentacles in the cave and the Hunter coming in and saving him
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks for the help guys :D Happy new year