VHS Stickers

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

TwoHeadedBoy

VHS Stickers

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:45 pm

A bit of a long shot this one... But does anyone remember, sometime around the mid-1980s, the stickers that came with BASF VHS tapes? Little guys on go-karts, that sort of thing?

Just feel like seeing them again, whilst also pining for simpler times and all that.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Shinobi

Re: VHS Stickers

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:52 pm

I remember them or something similiar, I have one stuck on my Commodore 64 a woman with unfeasibly big eye's.. They where quite small and where labeled under cartoons and what not
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 pm

I can only remember those sheets of stickers that had the labels and numbers on.... did anybody ever number there VHS tapes?

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:31 am

^ I did (still do as well!). Write down what's on each tape in an exercise book, makes stuff easier to find.

But then, I'm a bit OCD...

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am

Really should've done that... Just this week I've started going through a big cupboard full of videos we've recorded since the late 1980s... It's amazing how many of them still work! Just been watching a load of Popeye cartoons that one of my uncles recorded for us in 1989. The actual tape has gone white with usage, but it still works after two or three minutes of tracking.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:46 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:I can only remember those sheets of stickers that had the labels and numbers on.... did anybody ever number there VHS tapes?
My dad did and wote the down in his little note book, so he can find them quicker, as well me and my older brother used to write on blank cassettes cases and labels 'his name or my name - do not tape over'!' Strangely though, my mother this week has decided she is getting rid of the Sony Smart Engine VCR from under thier TV and all the videos, that seem to be in the living room or in the spare room. I have offered to re-home at mine when I move in, as still looks very decent in silver colour and there's quite a few video's that I wouldn't mind transferring over and hopefully re-buying on DVD. Have got quite a few Billy Connolly ones, Oasis and loads other stuff I recorded. To be honest I'm looking forward to having a look through some of them tapes.

retromax

Post by retromax » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 am

I always bought Scotch tapes if I could... they came with that crappy sticker that you could stick on the window of the cassette to tell you how long was remaining!!!... never used them!!!
Hi I'm Retromax you may remember me from such songs as "Hantarex Two Five Zero" and "Hantarex Two Five Zero" the remix:)