The NFL 'craze' of the mid 80s to early 90s

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mire Mare

Re: The NFL 'craze' of the mid 80s to early 90s

Post by Mire Mare » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 am

Hey! Yes, it has been a while! *blows dust from thread*

I'm a bit out of touch since the end of the season. Jets had a good opportunity to get into the playoffs but couldn't quite pull it off. I wasn't too upset as it would've been a bonus to a pretty good season. Fitz did well for sure but he can't be the future for the Jets. He's not consistently good enough. If he starts again for the Jets it's a case of waiting to see if the same Fitz from last season shows up or whether it's a better or worse incarnation! I haven't heard about Geno lately. Is he still in the mix?

Raiders could do well next season for sure. After Carr getting a hard time in his first year he's worked hard, settled in and look very competent. I am a little envious!

I'm interested to see what Denver do at QB. I like Kap - I wouldn't say no to him being a Jet! I wonder if RG3 will leave Washington?

psj3809

Re: The NFL 'craze' of the mid 80s to early 90s

Post by psj3809 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:37 pm

Yeah RGIII was always leaving the Skins. Now signed by the Browns. Be interesting to see how he turns out

Incredible that just a few seasons ago both RG III and Kap looked two of the best in the league

Good news about Brady's ban for 4 weeks. Great QB but damn I do hate the Pats !!

Draft this week. I'll get up to watch the first 10 picks at 1am !