NIGHTSTALKER???

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
fingers
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by fingers » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 pm

does anyone remember a game, possibly called nightstalker, where a scary guy with claws(i think) gives u a head start then chases you through a graveyard and rips you when he catches you??? i used to have nightmares about this when i was younger but it never stopped me playing it :D

User avatar
fingers
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by fingers » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:46 pm

ive googled nightstalker and im fairly sure its not called that.

does anyone remember this game?

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26966
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:21 am

The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9042
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by jdanddiet » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:24 am

splatterhouse?
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
paranoid marvin
Posts: 14272
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: 21st Century Earth

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Could it be Nightbreed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaqb_jrRuk

Sounds VERY much like Nightbreed. There were 2 versions iirc , it's the graphic adventure one.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

User avatar
fingers
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by fingers » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 am

it definitely sounds like it could have been nightbreed, im trying to track down a clip of the graphic adventure one. thanks for the help

User avatar
thevulture
Posts: 10152
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 am

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by thevulture » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:23 am

fingers wrote:it definitely sounds like it could have been nightbreed, im trying to track down a clip of the graphic adventure one. thanks for the help
Sounds like Nightbred:Interactive Movie-Mix of arcade and action.Game had you driving to various locations, which would trigger an aracre sequence.

1 of which had you running from Peloquin the cannibal.You had a head start, sequence showed you running, with him right behind you (Camera facing you) at top of the screen you had a 2D bar showing your distance from him.

Just put Nightbreed Interactive movie into youtube (using ps3 browser so can't post link) and you'll find it.

Hope this helps.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26966
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:05 am

This has got my curiosity up, so I found the bit in question.

See the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1B0f2ggZA

Jump to 3:30 in the timeline and you'll get the start of the chase sequence.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
thevulture
Posts: 10152
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 am

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by thevulture » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:This has got my curiosity up, so I found the bit in question.

See the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1B0f2ggZA

Jump to 3:30 in the timeline and you'll get the start of the chase sequence.
:wink: Yep, thats the sequence i was trying to describe.Sounds very much like what the poster is describing.

User avatar
fingers
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by fingers » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

that is definitely the game i was on about. that takes me right back. just shows what the imagination does over time. i obviously imagined more to the chase than there was. great stuff. thanks for the help.

awsome :o

User avatar
Seadog74
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Crow's nest

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by Seadog74 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

There is a game called Night Stalker on the old Intellivision console which is about 8 years older.

User avatar
boggyb68
Posts: 2194
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:56 am
Location: On the planet of the Wardrobe Monsters...

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Seadog74 wrote:There is a game called Night Stalker on the old Intellivision console which is about 8 years older.
I love Night Stalker some of the later robots on it are bloody hard! :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Image

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by oldtimer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 am

There is also a night stalker for the Mattell Aquarius as well !!!!! hahahahaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_FIFfh-iE

Also the guy who actually wrote the programme for it commented on the video on youtube if you scroll down a bit.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

User avatar
boggyb68
Posts: 2194
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:56 am
Location: On the planet of the Wardrobe Monsters...

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 am

oldtimer wrote:There is also a night stalker for the Mattell Aquarius as well !!!!! hahahahaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_FIFfh-iE

Also the guy who actually wrote the programme for it commented on the video on youtube if you scroll down a bit.
Quality.. I need to get an Aquarius at some point... been on my wants list for years! :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Image

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: NIGHTSTALKER???

Post by oldtimer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 pm

boggyb68 wrote:
oldtimer wrote:There is also a night stalker for the Mattell Aquarius as well !!!!! hahahahaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_FIFfh-iE

Also the guy who actually wrote the programme for it commented on the video on youtube if you scroll down a bit.
Quality.. I need to get an Aquarius at some point... been on my wants list for years! :)

B.

ive got one myself... its a nice little system, but not much about for it.
not popular at all as you probably know.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest