Sticker albums

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sabreman

Post by Sabreman » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:57 pm

I collected Star Wars Tazos from bags of cheese Doritos (I can't remember the exact flavour but it was barbecue cheese, or something like that). Anyway, as a result I'm completely unable to eat Doritos now - I ate so many of the damn things during that period that the very thought of them makes me slightly nauseous :lol:

And I never got the last bloody Tazo I needed...

As for sticker albums, I remember specifically the Return of the Jedi, ET and Gremlins ones. I mean, they are the ones I actually made an effort to complete and I believe I did manage it. Wasn't it incredibly frustrating when you got one of those 4 or 6-sticker big pictures, and you place one of the stickers just slightly skewed. You could never fix it because the page would tear up under it. I dimly recall one in the RotJ album, a 6-sticker job with Endor and the Death Star.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Only ever complete PACMAN.

http://www.geocities.com/kjnorth/yindex.htm

WIll

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:53 am

I had loads of Garbage Pail Kids stickers...not great as far as parents were concerned, so natch they were amazingly popular at my school.
I remember rumours that you could get an album for them, this has gone down in personal history as an urban myth until I ckecked eBay....how come they didn't sell these in the Midlands? Were they a US import thing or something? I feel cheated...

MikeHaggar

Re:

Post by MikeHaggar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:23 pm

thl wrote: I think I had World Cup Italia '90 sticker album. During that year, I played the game version for the Master System.

Also I still remembered the stick-figured mascot of that tournament. It was named Ciao.
I had that one too. And I had a Duck Tales one.

The Master

Post by The Master » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:16 am

I had ET and Pac-Man. Sometimes I would have ET/Pac-Man wars.

Once I got a huge roll of blank stickers, drew a big green solid circle on each one, and wrote over the top of it "Approved for use by telecommunications systems run by British Telecommunications in accordance with the conditions in the instructions for use", then stuck them in weird places, like the ceiling, the bog, or on the overhead projector at school.

People were a bit worried.

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:45 am

I'm also a bit worried... :shock:

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 pm

Not really sticker albums but used to collect the bubblegum cards for Starwars Episode 4 and for Star Trek The motion Picture. Pics on the front and part of a big pic on the back, and pink bubblegum loaded with additives as a bonus.

I did collect the Marvel Superheroes stickers in the early 80s but never got the album, just had them stuck on every bit of furnature in the house.
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

thl

Post by thl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:12 am

Sabreman wrote:Wasn't it incredibly frustrating when you got one of those 4 or 6-sticker big pictures, and you place one of the stickers just slightly skewed. You could never fix it because the page would tear up under it.
UPDATED.

That's right. The stickers that are stuck in the grid boxes may go out of position and be completely sealed to the page. When you browsed through the pages, it sometime appear inaccurate. Did tried to peel it off at some point, but it was too strong for the paper. :lol:

RB

Post by RB » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:17 pm

I had a whole load of Panini football albums from about 77-84. Good times were had selling and swapping those at school.

I also collected the cards you use to get in some ice-lollies (I think Wall's - not sure) like The Hulk, Star Trek: The Motion Picture and the Skateboard Surfer series.

One of the last card sets I collected was the ET series released by Nasbisco in those packs of multi-coloured cola (?) flavoured custard creams... hyperactivity never felt so good...