SCALEBACK

Re: Food/Drink from the past

Post by SCALEBACK » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:26 pm

The McRib from McDonalds.

SCALEBACK

Post by SCALEBACK » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm

New York Seltzer.
This wasn't around in the UK for very long during the late 80s and as far as I can remember it was only available from Woolworths unless you can get (legally mugged for the price of one) at one of those American import shops.

SCALEBACK

Post by SCALEBACK » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 pm

The original Spangles. If you don't remember these from the 70s, you weren't born during that time.

SCALEBACK

Post by SCALEBACK » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Strawberry Pepsi?
It was around at the same time as the Tropical Pepsi and came in the same sized can but was metallic red.

16_Bit_Life

Post by 16_Bit_Life » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:31 am

Tab Clear
Crystal Pepsi
Cadburys Spira
Cadburys Fuse
Walkers Bits of pizza
Root Beer (Uk Mcdonalds)

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:44 am

The Feastwich, like a feast but in a shell with marshmallow If I remember. Awesome. Was only about in my local shop for a short while though.
Also they used to do Welshes purple grape juice in a little glass bottle, it was better than the stuff they do now in a carton. hmmmmmmm :D

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:47 am

16_Bit_Life wrote: Root Beer (Uk Mcdonalds)
Root beer in McDonalds would .be great... Love root beer, its sometimes tough to get anywhere these days... I always get a case in for christmas.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:57 am

Fanta Zesty Berry - Released not to long ago. Remember having it all the time with my best friend before he died in 2004. Really upset me that they discontinued it, as it reminded me of him, but it was also the nicest fanta out there.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

sirpigmeat wrote:
16_Bit_Life wrote: Root Beer (Uk Mcdonalds)
Root beer in McDonalds would .be great... Love root beer, its sometimes tough to get anywhere these days... I always get a case in for christmas.
You can get Root Beer in the American food section of my nearest Tesco. I tried a bottle but personally I didn't enjoy it...I thought it tasted like some form of medicine.

Said it plenty of times but I wish they'd bring back Pepsi Lemon Twist. It was the ultimate 2 litre bottle to have in the cupboard :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Gutted that there's no longer an apple Lucozade... and the limited edition melon is now in very short supply - I stocked up while I still could but now I'm down to my last two one litre bottles.

Also prawn cocktail Quavers... apparently still available abroad but MIA for at least three years on these shores.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:28 pm

sirpigmeat wrote:The Feastwich, like a feast but in a shell with marshmallow If I remember. Awesome. Was only about in my local shop for a short while though.
Also they used to do Welshes purple grape juice in a little glass bottle, it was better than the stuff they do now in a carton. hmmmmmmm :D
Same as a Winner Taco?

Had a Maxibon the other day, didn't know they still made those.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Gutted that there's no longer an apple Lucozade... and the limited edition melon is now in very short supply - I stocked up while I still could but now I'm down to my last two one litre bottles.
Honestly I really don't like a lot of the flavours that Lucozade come out with and seeing cases of the things rotting (possibly an OTT description...) on our shelves at work when nobody wants to buy them for their shop must be an indicator that flavours outside of Orange and Original just aren't popular.

I found the Melon, Lemon and Original flavours absolutely horrible. Pink Lemonade, Blackcurrant, Cherry and Strawberry were alright but nothing I'd buy again. The only flavours I could get on with were Orange, Black Cola (no longer made) and Carribean. The new Grafruitti one is another I don't really rate.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:23 pm

I really didn't get on with the cola Lucozade - it seemed to me like it didn't quite know what it wanted to be (or maybe more accurately, someone just poured a mid-range supermarket cola and a regular Lucozade in roughly equal quantities into a jug).

The reason I miss the apple is that it was pretty much the only fizzy apple left that didn't have artificial sweeteners in it.
Apart from Appletizer that is but I don't think that counts as it's just carbonated juice.

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:34 pm

I used to love a Terrys Pyramint.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Panda Pops...used to love the mad flavours like Candy Frost, Strawberry Jelly & Ice Cream and Blue Raspberry.

Probably another great range of drinks killed off by the "think of the children" parent brigade who see sugar as the great evil.