Food/Drink from the past

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

greenberet79

Re: Food/Drink from the past

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:17 pm

PanzerGeneral wrote:Who remembers going down the disused railway cutting during the seventies and trying tramp cum?-just cant seem to find it these days.
WTF?? Did it taste like Tizer?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:18 am

PanzerGeneral wrote:Who remembers going down the disused railway cutting during the seventies and trying tramp cum?-just cant seem to find it these days.
Possibly the most disturbing thing I've seen typed out on this forum and there have been many such 'things' :shock:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:18 pm

heroic post of epic proportions. only thing I've read on this forum that genuinely made me LOL. Sir, I salute you for the inappropriate and deadpan nature of the post. You have skills.

I think we all learnt something today.
Last edited by HEAVYface on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:18 pm

^ But I already knew the foul nature of hobo jizz, I have learnt NOTHING!!!

EDIT: Having re-read the whole thread, just wanna bring a couple of things up.
Nerds, Dweebs and (my personal favourite) Runts are all available in Poundland.
And yes, Vice Versas are definitely back, I have seen them in the Co-Op.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 am

lol

sjjj007

Post by sjjj007 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Not sure if they exist anymore, but BN BNs. Glad they brought back Coke Vanilla too. I remember Onken Frufoos were good too

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:40 pm

sjjj007 wrote:Not sure if they exist anymore, but BN BNs. Glad they brought back Coke Vanilla too. I remember Onken Frufoos were good too
BNs were great :D

We brought a load of them back from France back in 1996, and everyone was asking us what they were. Then about a year later they were "made available" over here, so no-one wanted to know us anymore. C'est la vie.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Provvidenza

Post by Provvidenza » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:14 am

Haven't read the whole thread, too busy scoffing "Rondelo" biscuits, washed down with a tasty can of "Rio", may have an "Aztec" bar later. :D
GB COLOR, GBA SP, MD PAL, SF NTSC-J, SNES PAL, PS1 MOD, PSone PAL, SATURN NTSC-J, SATURN PAL, N64 NTSC-J, N64 PAL, DREAMCAST PAL, PS2 MOD, GAMECUBE NTSC-J, GAMECUBE PAL, Wii PAL, XBOX 360E PAL.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
sjjj007 wrote:Not sure if they exist anymore, but BN BNs. Glad they brought back Coke Vanilla too. I remember Onken Frufoos were good too
BNs were great :D

We brought a load of them back from France back in 1996, and everyone was asking us what they were. Then about a year later they were "made available" over here, so no-one wanted to know us anymore. C'est la vie.
Interestingly, you can still seem to get BN BN knock-offs from bargain shops but not the real deal itself. Hmm...

Frufoo's were amazing too but man were they expensive!

As for Vanilla Coke, I really loved it the first time around but I'm not really enjoying it now that its 'back'. The American one (which has always been available) tastes a bit different too. I don't think it will be around forever anyway as I've heard talk from Coke reps at our place that it hasn't been selling well at all.
Provvidenza wrote:Haven't read the whole thread, too busy scoffing "Rondelo" biscuits, washed down with a tasty can of "Rio", may have an "Aztec" bar later. :D
Love Rio :) . Can only seem to find it in chippies though for some reason.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:53 pm

I think the new vanilla Coke is struggling cos it tastes far more like cream soda than it used to and surely everyone knows how foul cream soda is...

I call it a punishment drink cos when poured into cups at parties as a kid you'd think it was lemonade, take a big gulp then BLECCH!

thebear

Post by thebear » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:I think the new vanilla Coke is struggling cos it tastes far more like cream soda than it used to and surely everyone knows how foul cream soda is...

I call it a punishment drink cos when poured into cups at parties as a kid you'd think it was lemonade, take a big gulp then BLECCH!

unless of course it has a big scoop of ice cream in it!
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Pepsi with lemon twist needs to return. I believe it is still sold in other countries but not here...as per bloody usual.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:10 am

We're selling out of Vanilla Coke every week!

And Cream Soda? That's the BEST drink available. Especially Barr Cream Soda. There's twelve cans of it in my fridge right now :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Yes, but cream soda has to be green, otherwise it's American cream soda which isn't nearly as nice.

But yes - stick some ice cream in there and you've got it all.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 pm

^ Wait - there's green cream soda?

Bit of Google-fu - seemingly only for you Scousers! Well, you and Thais...
That's why you're talking about it like it's a completely different drink - COS IT IS!