Found the Amiga tune I was looking for...

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

boyo

Found the Amiga tune I was looking for...

Post by boyo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 pm

only took 16 years. Stumbled on it tonight on Modbox on the iphone and yes it was by Allister Brimble.

The track is called amigaformat.mod

As I said before, I got the tune of a magazine disk. I sort of remember there only being a tune on the disk as the magazine failed to get the rest of the disk done that month. I remember a kind of robot figurine as an image whilst the tune played. I played that tune 100's of times to chill out whilst studying for my degree. So it must have been Amiga Format - Woody can find out which one?

The tune can be found here http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?detai ... s&view=185

Dowbload and play in your favourite MOD player.

I am soooooo happy. Played it like 50 times tonight already :D

boyo

Re: Found the Amiga tune I was looking for...

Post by boyo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 pm

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:26 pm

I had a similar thing to that. There was an Crack Intro from a golf game I was trying to find for years. I posted on here about it, but no-one knew what it was, but a few years after that I did manage to find it. It was the Unit A intro from World Tour Golf, and I found the ADF of it. It has tweeting birds in it :)
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:54 am

That's a pretty cool site but my search for a specific mod goes on.

I had a great MOD file from back in the 90's, it was called HEAPSHIT.MOD (or Heap Of censored). IIRC I got it from a PD software company (can't remember the name, it might have been 17-Bit software) on an Atari ST modules disk. I lost the file when I got rid of my ST, then I managed to find it again a couple of years later at a computer fair (I think it was the same company I originally got it from). Since then I've lost it again and I can't seem to find it (I've tried this MOD site you posted and Google with no luck).

EDIT: After a bit of Googling, I think it might have been the 16/32 PD library rather than 17-Bit software since 17-Bit appeared to be Amiga only.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:33 am

EnglishRob wrote:That's a pretty cool site but my search for a specific mod goes on.

I had a great MOD file from back in the 90's, it was called HEAPSHIT.MOD (or Heap Of censored). IIRC I got it from a PD software company (can't remember the name, it might have been 17-Bit software) on an Atari ST modules disk. I lost the file when I got rid of my ST, then I managed to find it again a couple of years later at a computer fair (I think it was the same company I originally got it from). Since then I've lost it again and I can't seem to find it (I've tried this MOD site you posted and Google with no luck).

EDIT: After a bit of Googling, I think it might have been the 16/32 PD library rather than 17-Bit software since 17-Bit appeared to be Amiga only.

Rob
it's quite possible on these: http://fading-twilight.atari.org/ check it out..look through the contents of each disc in the "Tunez" Section, but I warn you there's hundreds of tunes here, you could be awhile.

Grey.
↓↓Click Banners to See More↓↓
ImageImage

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 am

Thanks I'll check it out :-)

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

Fishsta

Post by Fishsta » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Almost unbelievably, a website I used to use years ago is still in existence...

www.modarchive.com
ImageImage

station

Post by station » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:14 am

I had one that has no real description, it was on a PD disc of five or so modules for the Amiga! :(
I wrote a few modules in TCB Tracker that were in PD.