The godfather trilogy

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Fred83

Re: The godfather trilogy

Post by Fred83 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:23 am

Matt_B wrote:Plus, coming out just after Goodfellas it was on a hiding to nothing.
Goodfella's was an exaggerated account of an associates life in the mafia...

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 pm

I am ashamed I've still not actually watched any of these films (worse still I have yet to watch any of the Alien films too!) :oops:

But really want to see them, I think another boxset has just come out, I keep seeing cheapy deals coming up.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

parappa

Post by parappa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm a fan of the movies. Its interesting what unseen scenes were in the dvd boxset, loads. I saw a Godfather photo book in "the works" that had photos of scenes that werent in the movies or dvds, like Michaels wedding and honeymoon in Sicily.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 am

I've owned the boxset for about the past four years and have still never gotten round to watching the films. :oops:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:57 am

Fred83 wrote:... the 1901-1980 trilogy version apparently has more footage included but has not yet being released on dvd,making it scarce find
I have the LaserDIsc box set of that release - the sticker inside indicates mine is a "First Edition" release from December 1992 and it's numbered 7733.

The whole near to ten hour movie comes on six double-sided LaserDiscs. Also in the box is a 73 minute duration extra LaserDisc entitled "The Godfather Family: A Look Inside" plus a nice A4-sized booklet too. The box set weighs a ton!

This was only ever released on VHS and LaserDisc and, as you say, includes additional footage not seen in any other release thus far afaik. These following links may be of interest,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfat ... .80.931980
http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/tril ... notes.html
http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/trilogy/

A search on the 'net also revealed an unofficial fan-produced DVD version that's spread across five DVDs...
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac