Kids TV

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DonkeySpank

Re:

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue May 30, 2006 8:11 am

koopa42 wrote:A-Team, Knightrider and Airwolf are the best - FACT

Gobots, Manimal and Automan are possibly the WORST
WHAAAAT?!?!?! Automan is officially great! And anyone who says otherwise loves boybum and proud of it. :lol:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:16 am

I remember something on BBC1 called 'Captain Zep - Space Detective' ! Was hyped up a lot when it first appeared but was very poor, some bad actors in front of some very badly drawn backgrounds.

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue May 30, 2006 9:21 am

I remember being quite into The Space Sentinels and Voltron. Those transforming robot leopards were great!

Also, was this just my young warped mind or does anyone else remember a cartoon called Ludwig about a violin-playing mechanical egg?! :?:

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA!! Just found him on the interwebnet!!! Mum, I'm NOT mad!!!! GREAT!!!
http://www.thechestnut.com/ludwig.htm

Dimrill

Re:

Post by Dimrill » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:53 am

TheShend wrote:Anyone remember Round the Bend?
*Sniff* I thought I was the only one. So this is what it feels like... when doves cry.

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:58 am

RobinElvin wrote:Godzilla (the cartoon)
GODZILLA, GODZILLA, GODZILLA...and GODZOOOOOOOKIE.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Robbo

Re:

Post by Robbo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:17 pm

revgiblet wrote:
RobinElvin wrote:Godzilla (the cartoon)
GODZILLA, GODZILLA, GODZILLA...and GODZOOOOOOOKIE.
:lol: Godzooki! I really used to hate all the 'comedy relief' type characters in the more 'serious' type of kids' cartoons... Godzooki, Orko, Snarf, T-BOB, Oon, No-No, Slimer, Uni, Mr Cool and Brain, to name but a few, all used to give me the right hump!

Looking back now, I doubt these cartoons would be as good without them!!! :?

PS... a pat on the back to the first person to name all the cartoons! :wink:

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:37 pm

stuck on a couple but:

Godzooki - Godzilla
Snarf - Thundercats
No-No - Ulises (sp..?)
Slimer - the REAL Ghost Busters
Uni - Dungons and dragons

I could have Googled but that would be cheating :roll:

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Orko- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

walrus

Post by walrus » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:58 am

Oon - Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors
T-Bob - MASK

and Brain, I am guessing Pinky and The Brain but that doesn't seem to fit at all

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:07 pm

No pats on the back for you guys as I wanted ALL the right answers in one go :wink: BUT I'm impressed with what you three HAVE got right (especially 'Oon'.) Still two without an answer yet, and no Walrus, it wasn't Pinky and the Brain. :D

This is fun! :lol:

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:13 pm

Okay, well Brain was in Inspector Gadget, and Mr. Cool was in The Fonz & The Happy Days Gang!!! Oh, and it's Ulysses 31 Mr. Opa-Opa. :wink:

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:17 pm

Robbo wrote:Okay, well Brain was in Inspector Gadget, and Mr. Cool was in The Fonz & The Happy Days Gang!!! Oh, and it's Ulysses 31 Mr. Opa-Opa. :wink:
If I could have been bothered to go look on the shelf I would have got the spelling right... It's all the way over there though :roll:

Robbo

Re:

Post by Robbo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:
Robbo wrote:Okay, well Brain was in Inspector Gadget, and Mr. Cool was in The Fonz & The Happy Days Gang!!! Oh, and it's Ulysses 31 Mr. Opa-Opa. :wink:
If I could have been bothered to go look on the shelf I would have got the spelling right... It's all the way over there though :roll:
Yeah I know what you mean... I usually shout downstairs for the missus to come up and get the remote for me if it's all the way 'over there' (well why bother having a remote if it means that I have to get up to go get it? I might as well then turn the buggering T.V. on by hand!!!)

golgo13

Post by golgo13 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:28 am

Straight from the depths, 30 stories high, breathing fire into the sky! Godzilla! Godzilla! And Godzookey.....

I have always been a fan of cartoons and as a kid this is what I liked to watch. I hated most live action stuff programs but I used to like the more style comedy programs. There used to be one on Fridays about 4.45 on ITV a long time ago (1988?) and it was just lots of kids in it.

Motormouth was good (with Evette Fielding, Andy Crain and somebody else). It featured the wolves (the same guys who do the hyenas on Saturday Showdown on ITV) who provided at lot of humor. But they showed Batman and Taz. The wolves also hosted another comedy program that had lots of odd cartoons that were very funny.

Shows I liked were:

Animated Batman
Rentaghost
Old game shows that had proper sticky nasty gunge.
The Monkeys
Most boys action cartoons
The Real Ghost Busters was good.
Dogtainian (I watched all but the final episode!) .Thursdays where good due to Dogtainian being on and going down the shops to collect my Beno, Battle Action Force and Aircraft magazine.
I used to like watching Get Fresh because I showed Centurians (I have all episodes at home on my pc!)
TMNT (or TMHT)

But it would appear ITV have dropped saturday morning kids tv for cookery shows starting this week? Why dear god. Now there are two channels on a saturday morning both featuring cooking! Also where can I get my Holly Willoughby fix now?

At the age of 32 I still enjoy Justice League and the Fairly Odd Parents.[quote][/quote]
Crown the wise, harness the talented and cherish the lucky.

felgekarp

Re:

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:55 am

DonkeySpank wrote:I remember being quite into The Space Sentinels and Voltron. Those transforming robot leopards were great!

Also, was this just my young warped mind or does anyone else remember a cartoon called Ludwig about a violin-playing mechanical egg?! :?:

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA!! Just found him on the interwebnet!!! Mum, I'm NOT mad!!!! GREAT!!!
http://www.thechestnut.com/ludwig.htm
I'm currently waiting for a ludwig video that I won of E-bay a week or so ago.