Who Remember's Flicks?

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Who Remember's Flicks?

Post by SpecChum81 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:03 am

Hi All!

I just wanted to get your memories, if any, of a Children's ITV Programme called Flicks!

It aired between 1983 and 1988, and was presented by the wonderfuly talented and wonderfuly named Christopher Lillycrap.

I adored this show when I was little, and it has one of my favorite theme tunes ever, sung here by Rod Burton of Rod, Jane and Freddy!

I've got a few episodes on tape recorded from CITV in about 1986.

To help jog any memories, here's a link to an episode on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHwmatSueU

Let me know your thought's and/or memories! :D
Press Play On Tape

ToxieDogg

Re: Who Remember's Flicks?

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:00 pm

The scary thing is, not only do I remember this programme but before I clicked on the link, that was the exact episode that came to mind :shock: :shock:

I can't actually remember any of the stuff from the other episodes though, just Christopher Lillicrap :lol: himself and the catchy theme tune.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

RPKGV

Post by RPKGV » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks for the link. :D

I remember the music, it sounds like it was sung by Rod and Freddy, but not the show itself. Still felt nostalgic to watch though, and I remember the presenter.
My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more, http://www.youtube.com/user/RPKGameVids

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 am

Brings back some faint memories. I do like seeing the odd childrens program on Youtube but some of the comments on that clip i find puzzling, i dont know why people want to watch more episodes or asking for a particular one.

Can understand why us 30 somethings play old games but watching some kiddie program like this and download more episodes, weird.

RPKGV

Post by RPKGV » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:06 am

psj3809 wrote:Brings back some faint memories. I do like seeing the odd childrens program on Youtube but some of the comments on that clip i find puzzling, i dont know why people want to watch more episodes or asking for a particular one.

Can understand why us 30 somethings play old games but watching some kiddie program like this and download more episodes, weird.
It's all about nostalgia, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm 34 and I enjoy watching episodes of Rainbow from the mid 80's, which was when I used to watch it when I was a kid.
My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more, http://www.youtube.com/user/RPKGameVids