Electronic Arts' Deluxe Paint (DPaint)
100%
Cloanto's Personal Paint (PPaint)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Greyfox

Re: Deluxe Paint vs Personal Paint

Post by Greyfox » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Lost land of Amiga wrote:Sad but I only have an Amiga emulator now (Amiga forever), and its not very DPiant frendly I tried to beef up my old Amiga but the firm I bought all the stuff from let me down constantly.

Im asking for anyones help here, Do you know any paint packages for the PEE SEA that can do animation and all the other stuff as good? :x

in this day and age..it would be photoshop cs5 extended..it hosts both animation ,2d and 3d capabilities now..but for doing straight animation work..TVP Animation website here: http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/article/home/

hope this helps
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Lost land of Amiga

Post by Lost land of Amiga » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:58 am

Thanks! I got Photo Shop Eliments 9 and Premire Eliments 9 (havent really got my head around them yet, are they any good? I liked the anti-alias and the frame by frame drawing in DPaint, If Abobe Animation shop(free with Paint Shop7) could do the fine art that Paint Shop7 could do, that would be the answer.

By the way Ive got used to Paint shop7 and like it better than Photo Shop becuase of the spray brush.

Can photo shop do anim brushes? I miss that.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:17 am

Yes both programs are quite powerful, regarding the animation studio inside photoshop, yes you can use any resolution, anti- aliasing, all things you mentioned, but doesn't support the anim-brush feature dpaint once did, which I can't believe hasn't been used today in some ar software, you have he pictur tube tool in paint shop pro 7 which is the closest thing you'll get to an anim-brush, so paintshop pro is your man on this. So you have a choice. Photoshop will allow you to do everything animation wise (photoshop cs5 extended) key framing etc.. paintshop pro will allow picture tube brushes which are animated, but as far as I remember, Picture tube brushes only work in the main program an not animation shop.

Hope this helps ;)

Amazing how a program over 20 years old has features still unrivalled even by today's top graphically programs.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Lost land of Amiga

Post by Lost land of Amiga » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 am

Thanks again freind.

I heard that there is a new Amiga on the way, called X1000, Let's all get together and perswade them to make a bundle with DPaint ( after all DPaint was the biggest selling point for the Amiga) a brand new 64 bit DPaint with a big pallet like photo shop and paint shop, endless colours, then I can safley put the Pee Sea I built on the E-Bay dump.

Ive messed with the colour tube and the animation shop but they just dont cut the grade.

AndyR

Post by AndyR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Dpaint all the way...except I did use Ppaint for both it's image effects and the fact it could save using different datatypes rather than just .iff

The one feature I still miss from dpaint is being able to pick up a bit a bit of the screen as a brush and just paint everywhere with it. No faffing about with menus, just select a bit of screen then stick everywhere/anywhere on the screen! There are workarounds in Paint shop pro / Photoshop but nothing to emulate so easily what the Amiga did.

Ahhhhh, I miss the simplicity we had back then!

Lost land of Amiga

Post by Lost land of Amiga » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 am

AndyR wrote:Dpaint all the way...except I did use Ppaint for both it's image effects and the fact it could save using different datatypes rather than just .iff

The one feature I still miss from dpaint is being able to pick up a bit a bit of the screen as a brush and just paint everywhere with it. No faffing about with menus, just select a bit of screen then stick everywhere/anywhere on the screen! There are workarounds in Paint shop pro / Photoshop but nothing to emulate so easily what the Amiga did.

Ahhhhh, I miss the simplicity we had back then!
Me and you both.

ulala

Post by ulala » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 pm

I recall using photon paint on the Amiga at the time, it could use an amazing amount of colours.

DP was also good.

My first love will always be Rainbird's Art Studio on the Spectrum

errolwd40

Post by errolwd40 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:13 pm

I got Deluxe paint free with my amiga 500 at christmas time 1990, I still used it regularly up until I upgraded to a pentium 133 escom pc in 1996. But I did not use anything as detailed yet easy to use as deluxe paint until paint shop pro about 5 years later. :)