Atmosfear

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

dste

Atmosfear

Post by dste » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Does anyone remember this board game?

I used to love playing it with friends when I was growing up, I had the first three games with the old VHS tapes and mainly remember the first one with the Gatekeeper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosfear_%28series%29
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Fred83

Re: Atmosfear

Post by Fred83 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 pm

I remember that game.Never actually got to play the game.I remember the video part.I often wonder could you actually sit down and watch the video itself and see could you make any sense of it without playing the game :lol:
Last edited by Fred83 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:48 pm

yea I remember this, never played it, looked a little boring even to me back then.....some of the videos are up on youtube....

try this one, not only is it a bloody clown (I hate fuc-king clowns) but its french as well, my two most hated things in the world....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLhAFqySMk
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 pm

tekaotaku wrote:not only is it a bloody clown (I hate fuc-king clowns) but its french as well, my two most hated things in the world....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLhAFqySMk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Genuine lol moment!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I used to love this. My aunt and uncle bought it for me and my brothers for Christmas when we were younger. Hilarious times, especially when being instructed to make my younger brother scream whilst he was having a staring match with the Gatekeeper. We also had the third one (the witch, I believe).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0IIdJwbKg

Just watched that, brings back memories. Also, I never noticed how much he sounds like angry Jean Claude Van-Damme...

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 am

"...I love a party with a sense of Atmosfear"

dste

Post by dste » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 am

alistair_thomas wrote:We also had the third one (the witch, I believe).
Yeah, the second one was a zombie like creature and the third was a witch.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Nienna

Post by Nienna » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 pm

I have got the first one somewhere and played with my sister a few months ago. It was a laugh.
As quoted by Mike Wilson: plz join my group i need justice for my son!! Just join my group and pass it on n so on!! plz help me and most of all help Liam get justice http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-f ... 9196440290

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am

Never played it, despite always wanting to. When we first got Sky they used to sponsor the WWF shows so I used to see them every week but never got one... One day maybe... One day.

betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:23 pm

I have the Master Game Set, The Witch and The Vampire on VHS, and I also have the DVD version.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 am

Bought the DVD version a few years back. Played it once with the ex-missus and her brother and his wife. The DVD jumped at one point, which forced us to restart it. After a lengthy drawn out battle, and much laughing at the extremely poor acting of the Cryptkeeper (or whoever he is), I won. We never played it again, or even wanted to....it ended up in a charity shop when we got divorced, I think. :?
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:57 pm

This came out when I was about 1o or something, and this lad called Danny Cork had it, it was never really for me. I thought it's be awesome, by the gate keeper bloke (or whatever) wasnt scary enough

joefish

Post by joefish » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm

We had it - played it once, then not again. The staring match and back-chat is funny the first time, but wouldn't work second time around.

It was also a bit forced. You were supposed to get two cards with two halves of a key on, but of one half there was only one card in the whole pack. Then towards the end of the video, the bloke would just keep interrupting every few seconds to tell you to take a card, to rush the end of the game. It made the earlier part of the game all rather pointless.

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 am

My mate had the first one and we used to have a laugh playing it... we were about 11 though! Some of the insults were amusing, I remember we went through a phase of calling our mates "scum-sucking maggots" :D
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 am

I'm actually collecting these! I have all of them except for Anne de Chatraine (witch) and The Soul Rangers. I'm planning to copy all the videos onto DVD so I can play them without having to dig out the video player (I've also got the Gatekeeper and Khufu DVD games).
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs