Monster in my Pocket

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bensonrad

Monster in my Pocket

Post by bensonrad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 am

I came across a box load of these at the weekend in a charity shop, anyone remember these. Was thinking of adding them to my desk display at work, along with the turtles and mcdonalds toys stacked up. :lol: I just love those glowing bright colours.

Just looked up the ones I have here...

SERIES 1
2. Hydra (neon Green)
4. Behemoth (dark purple)
6. Tyrannosaurus Rex (neon green)
9. Tengu (dark Purple)
11. Kraken (light red)
13. The Monster (neon Green)
14. Manticore (neon Yellow)
17. Bigfoot (dark purple)
18. Baba Yaga (neon green)
19. Kali (neon Green)
20. Catoblepas (neon green)
21. Harpy (dark Purple)
25. Red Cap (orangy/red)
32. Ogre (orangy/red)
33. Vampire (orangy/red)
35. Gremlin (orangy/red)
37. Ghoul (yellow (not neon)
38. The Phantom (orangy/red)
43. The Beast (dark purple)
43. The Beast (neon yellow)
44. Witch (neon yellow)
48. Hunchback (neon yellow)

SERIES 2
52. Ymir (neon orange)
54. Golem (neon orange)
55. Scorpion Man (blue)
58. Bishop Fish (neon orange)
61. Ectoplasmic Phantom (light purple/pink)
63. Elbow Witch (blue)
67. Spectre (neon Orange)
69. Sebek (neon green)
70. Dryad (blue)
72. Gargoyle (neon Orange)

SERIES 4
98. Thunderdell (all green)
100. Yama (Neon Green with red bits)
113. Alu (all yellow)
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

LAIS

Re: Monster in my Pocket

Post by LAIS » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Hah, I used to love these. I remember when you used to get them free with Frosties, I collected them for a bit. I also remember the hilariously misleading advert where they claimed to have made them "extra squishy", before showing someone squash one right down. Unfortunately that was a complete lie.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 am

Oh my yes, I still have a lot of love for these, still actively collecting them. I'm on the LittleRubberGuys forum under the same name if you're ever up for an in-depth discussion? Crazy values, the guys on there will probably pay you a fair amount for that lot you have there!

I have all of the first and second series, but the THIRD series (in Argentina anyway) is crazy-hard to collect. Most of those figures go for at least $100 each. I have all of the Super Scary, all the Super Creepy, all the Dinosaurs, most of the Space Aliens, all the Wrestlers, most the Ninja Warriors... And I'm also a big fat loud-mouthed show-off :lol:
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:04 am

[quote="TwoHeadedBoy"]Oh my yes, I still have a lot of love for these, still actively collecting them. I'm on the LittleRubberGuys forum under the same name if you're ever up for an in-depth discussion? Crazy values, the guys on there will probably pay you a fair amount for that lot you have there!
quote]

I mainly bought them to stick around my monitor, they do look pretty cool, I didn't realise they came in different multi-colours the later ones, I only picked up the plain coloured ones in the shop, probably other later series stuff still there. Might have to go back for a looksie, after looking up the ones I got, I realised that there were musle men in that box as well! doh!
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Never actually owned them but I always wanted the Female Vampire, was it called Vampiria memory is a little hazy.. That is a awesome find tw

I found 2 Monster in my Pockets figure both Sirens the other day so I picked them up.. Quite a cool figure
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Those Sirens... Are they the full colour ones from 2006-ish? Or the mono-coloured ones?

If it's a modern one, could I request it from you? Missing that one for some reason.
If they're the older ones, get thee to eBay immediately! Hundreds of moneys to be made!
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:56 am

Ive still got a big sweets jar stuffed full of Monster In My Pocket in my shed. (I think) theyre all series 1.

Plus ive still got a plastic bag with loads of Muscle Men.

EDIT: Just looked online and im pretty sure ive got series 1 complete. Ill have a look and check.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 am

hmm, think my little bundle will be going on feebay, desperate for cash at the mo, and think I would rather have the money than a pretty decorated work monitor (besides the TMNT's take up all the space as it is! :lol: )

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:02 am

Is this sort of price normal?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-In-My-Poc ... 19ba31ea97

If so then I might think about parting with mine.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 pm

I used to have a couple of these, I sort of went more for Battle Beasts tho

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

STranger81 wrote:Is this sort of price normal?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-In-My-Poc ... 19ba31ea97

If so then I might think about parting with mine.
Yep, that's about average, if a little less than if it was put out to the American market. I'm sitting on a rubber goldmine, but can't bare to part with the little fellas!

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:43 pm

My god! My youth just came flooding back to my reading this thread then looking at pics of them on google! I used to have loads of these, Christ knows what happened to them as I don't have them know :cry: :cry:

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:40 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Those Sirens... Are they the full colour ones from 2006-ish? Or the mono-coloured ones?

If it's a modern one, could I request it from you? Missing that one for some reason.
If they're the older ones, get thee to eBay immediately! Hundreds of moneys to be made!
They are coloured one's they look a bit like Siren from Final Fantasy very long hair and pointy ear's.. They came in a double pack with some other monster I bought from Poundland a few years back.. I always prefer the female figures for some reason :lol:

Pm your address and you can have one for nothing :D unfortunately the Card and the other figure(Wendigo) are missing.. I also have 20+ pogs of that Dog thing thing in your Avatar I will chuck in for free as well

here's a picture of it

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

el_duderino

Post by el_duderino » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 am

I used to love these

I wonder how many there are buried in School Playgrounds across the country :D

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:33 am

Heh, yeah...

I decapitated a Tony The Tiger one once, and buried him at opposite ends of the garden.

Had to go to eBay ten years later for a replacement :oops: