Monster in my Pocket

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Tapey297

Re: Monster in my Pocket

Post by Tapey297 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:04 pm

I had all of series 1 in the volcano presentation thingies. I even had the series one top trumps too. Didn't collect after that though. had a few of the luminous series 1 released a little later but thats it. I still have a fair few muscle men too.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Just come across another little bag of figures, thought they were muscle men, but they have panosh 85, 86 on the back. Think they are NINJA mites?! doing some websearches there seems to be a whole world of little figures out there. heaven knows what they are, but they are in ninja poses and various colours, flesh, dark pinky, and a sort of blue.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Which ones were muscle men? I remember in the mid-nineties getting rubber figures of cartooney wrestlers from packs of Frosties...

Also had some slime monster things which came in various bright colours and also a few of the figures that this thread is about (I think).

Reckon they all got chucked ages ago - 99.9% certain that they're gone.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:01 am

bensonrad wrote:Just come across another little bag of figures, thought they were muscle men, but they have panosh 85, 86 on the back. Think they are NINJA mites?! doing some websearches there seems to be a whole world of little figures out there. heaven knows what they are, but they are in ninja poses and various colours, flesh, dark pinky, and a sort of blue.
:shock: :shock:
Panosh Ninja Mites?????????

Well, the market's not as crazy as it was - around a year ago, you'd be getting $50+ per figure, but now you're looking at... £15 per figure? Either way, very lucky find. Congratulations :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm

really! nice, gotta love the charity shops £1 for the bag!
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

vanhelsing

Post by vanhelsing » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:12 pm

I always wanted the Female Vampire, was it called Vampiria memory is a little hazy..[/quote]

The name's Lamia and she comes from Greek Mythology and had a reputation as a baby killer. But she started off as a mortal queen if you want the back story

optimus

Post by optimus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm

I remember these bad boys!

I distinctly remember buying a Medusa.

NonShinyGoose

Post by NonShinyGoose » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:59 pm

I have a full set of series 1 along with a volcano storage/display thing. Also most of series 2.

They're in my dad's garage somewhere. Might pop home and see if I can find them...
Gaming Gibberish - http://www.gamesasylum.com
Follow us on TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gamesasylum

360 Gamer Tag: NonShinyGoose

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Monster in my pocket ?

That sounds like one of my chat up lines from the 90's

Wil

Post by Wil » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 am

bensonrad wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote: I'm on the LittleRubberGuys forum under the same name
Weirdly enough, I signed up to that board this weekend after finding a load of Ultraman. Dragon Ball Z and Godzilla little rubber guys (like MUSCLE/Kinukuman) that I'd got in the early 90s (most still in their boxes/capsules). I'm a bit too old to have experienced MIMP and MUSCLE but I love the detail and imagination in them and can feel myself getting the urge to pick up some more.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am

Pah! ebayed the whole lot only got £15 for them all!

...but I came across a whole bucket full at the weekend of even more MIMP, including Wrestler, Ninja ones, Puppy in my pocket, a whole load of kellogs exclusives and a load I just cannot ID. Maybe ebay will be my friend this time round! :lol:

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Are they more of the same ninjas as last time, or those big colourful Monster Ninja In My Pocket things? If the latter, could I take a look at them before they're flogged?
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 am

Got them all ID'd, had in there, lots of Monster In My Pocket Range - S1, 2, 4, Sports Stars, Wrestlers & Ninja (only one Ninja though: Fear Wolf), Half the collection of Thingz that go bump in the night, couple of old puppy in my pocket, couple pokemon figures and a few others... all destined for ebay this Sunday me thinks

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:29 am

Ooh, you got some Thingz as well? The only ones of those I need to complete the set are The Thing That Ate My Toothpaste and The Moth Ball Thing.

ImageImage

Don't suppose you have those?

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:07 am

I have 14 Thingz, the toothpaste is one of them :D