Computer & Videogames Magazine Scans

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

driver695

Computer & Videogames Magazine Scans

Post by driver695 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi

Does anyone know where I could view or download scans of "Computer & Videogames" magazine?

I read in Zzap tribute magazine that someone called Stephen Stuttard has scanned in the first ten years.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AdamDawes

Post by AdamDawes » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:59 pm

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Stephen is Mort so those are his scans.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

driver695

Post by driver695 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:40 am

COOL! Thanks for info. Anyone remember the name of the arcade game feature they ran? Wracking my brains with no luck......

mr.zzapback

Post by mr.zzapback » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:31 am

Arcade Action IIRC?
Or was that CU?
*Creator of the DEF Tribute to Zzap!64* www.zzapback.com*

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:39 pm

All I remember about it was that Clare Edgely (who went onto work for Domark) wrote it for a while and Julian Rignall was crowned an arcade champion many years ago...

EnglishRob

Re: Computer & Videogames Magazine Scans

Post by EnglishRob » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:48 am

driver695 wrote:Hi

Does anyone know where I could view or download scans of "Computer & Videogames" magazine?

I read in Zzap tribute magazine that someone called Stephen Stuttard has scanned in the first ten years.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Try the world of Spectrum FTP site, they have some scans of C+VG on there from the early days right up until the mid 90's I think.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:29 am

Same scans.

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:31 pm

Also sinclair heaven have them also, the dvd has lots of value added extras and spilled over onto a 2nd cd with posters, freebies and other Paraphernalia and saves a lot of download time, but it is great of the sites to host the scans of the work :D
Blast another coupon missing, what`s on ebay!

EnglishRob

Re:

Post by EnglishRob » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:03 am

Mort wrote:Also sinclair heaven have them also, the dvd has lots of value added extras and spilled over onto a 2nd cd with posters, freebies and other Paraphernalia and saves a lot of download time, but it is great of the sites to host the scans of the work :D
I think it's great that someone has gone to the trouble of scanning all the old mags.

I'm tempted to get the ACE DVD. I only ever bought 1 issue of ACE, it was the one with Impossible Mission (multi format too - CPC, C64, Speccy, BBC I think) on the cover. It has a small preview about the PC Engine in it too.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:51 pm

Ace is the spiritual father to GamesTm (very similar style) and the legendary Arcade mag, both are sorely missed sniff :cry:
Blast another coupon missing, what`s on ebay!

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:33 pm

Mort wrote:Ace is the spiritual father to GamesTm (very similar style) and the legendary Arcade mag, both are sorely missed sniff :cry:
I assume you mean ACE and Arcade but just in case you missed the news, Imagine picked up Games(tm) and their first ish (with surprisingly nothing about the change unlike Retro Gamer) is out now.

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:45 pm

ACE started out as a really good mag - When Future launched it, it was covered a lot of new technology developments. However when EMAP bought it, they seemed to dumb it down quite a bit, and they had a lot of contributors from mags like C&VG and CU doing reviews, when they should have really had their own team.

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 pm

Dudley wrote:
Mort wrote:Ace is the spiritual father to GamesTm (very similar style) and the legendary Arcade mag, both are sorely missed sniff :cry:
I assume you mean ACE and Arcade but just in case you missed the news, Imagine picked up Games(tm) and their first ish (with surprisingly nothing about the change unlike Retro Gamer) is out now.
Actually there is a slightly cryptic message on the inside back page where the next issue cover date is - A cork notice board with a top twenty chart from 1981 with 'Imagine' at No1 and the line 'Its all change at the top, popickers. Not arf' underneath.

A nice touch!

Nipple Neck

Post by Nipple Neck » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:16 am