Hammer House of Horror

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

scunny

Hammer House of Horror

Post by scunny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:57 am

Seen a couple of these repeated recently. Quite spooky but nothing like the effect they had on me when I was a kid!

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:08 pm

I bought the DVD box set a while back and its great - I remember a couple of the episodes from back when I was a kid (about nine years old) and they scared me then (especially the title sequence).

The best stories are the Werewolves/Diana Dors one and the one with Denholm Elliott who has a 'Groundhog Day'. :)

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:49 pm

Must concur, the one I most vividly remember is 'Children of the full moon'

Can still remember the title sequence, little girl cradling a lamb in a field, singing 'All things bright and beautiful', camera moves in, girl looks up, mouth dripping blood......

Scared me to death!!!

(I was only 9-10 at the time :oops: )

william

Post by william » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:45 pm

I have been planning on buying that box set for ages.
i think i remember a TV episode where a little girl keeps getting haunted by a knife,it just keeps turning up in weird places like wrapped up as a present on her birthday, or in the fridge and other things like that,and her parents dont know who the culprit is and at the end the little girl murders her dad with the knife in his bed because it was her all the time(i think)
was that one of the episodes from hammer?

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:41 pm

william wrote:I have been planning on buying that box set for ages.
i think i remember a TV episode where a little girl keeps getting haunted by a knife,it just keeps turning up in weird places like wrapped up as a present on her birthday, or in the fridge and other things like that,and her parents dont know who the culprit is and at the end the little girl murders her dad with the knife in his bed because it was her all the time(i think)
was that one of the episodes from hammer?
Yes thats another good one - You're not imagining it!
Slightly wrong on the last bit of the storyline, but I'm not gonna spoil it for you if you are buying it. :)

william

Post by william » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:56 pm

Yes thats another good one - You're not imagining it!
Slightly wrong on the last bit of the storyline, but I'm not gonna spoil it for you if you are buying it.
Thanks,will pick up that boxed set this weekend,that episode always stuck in my mind but wasn't sure where i had seen it

scunny

Post by scunny » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:52 am

The one i remember most is a family driving in a road and they crash and someone in a yellow mac replaces the husband... they take him back home as they don't realise (he looks the same) and he rings a bell when he wants something as he can't talk. I think he has a bad fingernail or something that indicates he is evil. Eventually the family realise - the wife gets flashbacks of hubby fighting the man in the mac. Hmmm I don't recall what happens in the end.

Can anyone remember this one? I remember it scared me a lot but don't remember exactly what happened.

Why do they always sound so surreal when you are explaining them.

EDIT: Ah... I just googled and found the answer to my own post

http://www.tv.com/hammer-house-of-horro ... mmary.html

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:46 pm

Didn't know this even existed. When I think Hammer and Horror I think of the films, didn't realise there was a tv show. Sounds interesting.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

lee gray

Re:

Post by lee gray » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 am

thougt that show was great use to love the hammer horror films too especially the ones with 4 different stories, even when not made by hammer like asylum and dr deaths house of horror thats how great suspense horror should be made

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 am

Where can I get the box set from? I loved the HHoH as a kid and would love to see it all over again!

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm

DonkeySpank wrote:Where can I get the box set from? I loved the HHoH as a kid and would love to see it all over again!

Play have it for £32

If you've not used them before,they're brill
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"