Millennium Falcons are for playing with

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Wil

Millennium Falcons are for playing with

Post by Wil » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:56 am

Rather than trying to maximise profit by getting rid of it on t'Bay I feel I did the right thing this morning by letting my 6 year old son have my (mint in box) 1995 Micro Machines Millennium Falcon to play with. We're putting on the stickers this afternoon but it's great to see him really excited, playing with it and not just having it sitting there in the box.

clarance

Re: Millennium Falcons are for playing with

Post by clarance » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:07 pm

My boy would throw it out of his bedroom window by the week.

Or swap it for yugioh cards...
Death may be your Santa Claus.

morph-ball

Post by morph-ball » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:56 am

Ha ha lucky kid. A few years back I had a well controlling girlfriend who made me throw out my Star Wars toys (btw if she came near my Optimus Prime now I'd pull her head off), and my current girlfriend is gutted coz she's never seen a toy Dewback! Oh well!

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 pm

morph-ball wrote:my current girlfriend is gutted coz she's never seen a toy Dewback!
I have one of those - see the pics I posted in the 'what do you collect' thread... :D

I gave away some vintage SW figures to the kids of the family that we bought our house from, as they were well into Star Wars and I had a few incomplete figures going spare... Also gave a few carded figures from the 1995 toy range away on Freecycle... I'd never open a sealed vintage figure now, but I'm all for loose or more recent stuff being played with - that's what it was designed for after all!
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

Wil

Post by Wil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:23 pm

When I left work this morning he had it all open on the bed with The Empire Strikes Back on the TV. Not sure how canon his version of the story will be though; Optimus Prime was all set to attack with a couple of Ben 10 monsters as back up :)

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Wil wrote:When I left work this morning he had it all open on the bed with The Empire Strikes Back on the TV. Not sure how canon his version of the story will be though; Optimus Prime was all set to attack with a couple of Ben 10 monsters as back up :)
Actually sounds better than Hollywood crap to me!

rainbird rich

Post by rainbird rich » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 pm

My mother-in-law has recently given my 2.5 year old son a large Kenner Millenium Falcon toy from the early 1980s to play with, complete with a dozen or so very used action figures to go with it. I then decided that it was time to donate the figures I had in our own loft as well, so the little fella now has over two dozen SW figures from the late 70s and 80s and a huge MF to put them in!

He's a little young for the Micro Machines SW ships, but I'll probably give him those too at some point!
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:22 am

morph-ball wrote:Ha ha lucky kid. A few years back I had a well controlling girlfriend who made me throw out my Star Wars toys (btw if she came near my Optimus Prime now I'd pull her head off), and my current girlfriend is gutted coz she's never seen a toy Dewback! Oh well!
Controlling girlfriend ? Making you throw out your star wars stuff ! Not good ! Glad youre not with her anymore !

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:47 pm

I saw 2 of the original toy Falcons today at a boot fair but haven't got the room. Looked in top condition tho.

parappa

Post by parappa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Ive got the Micro machines falcon, the ship is in good condition but I lost the men and mynock that came with it. I was gonna take it to oxfam or something.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I have photos of me and my older brother opening our star wars toys on christmas day 1984. Tis a scene of carnage!! Never realised at the time how generous our parents were. I remember pulling out box after box, it seemed a never-ending supply of star wars wonderment.

Good times!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."