Kurt Cobain And Nirvana

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

SexyWayne

Re: Kurt Cobain And Nirvana

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

che_don_john wrote:They weren't even the best band in Seattle.
That would be The Gits.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adQxNrcl ... re=related

A band that came to a truly tragic end, with the rape and murder of lead singer Mia Zapata... of course Cobain's suicide was more media friendly I guess :roll:

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:38 pm

There's a couple of Nirvana programmes on Friday on BBC4 this week.

There's a few negative comments on here about the band - personally I think the impact they had was phenomenal, musically but more culturaly. Okay, there may have been better bands than never made it, but what's new there? History is full of bands that never made it, for various reasons.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 am

I've recently bought the deluxe edition of Nevermind and I have to say i've changed my mind about it.

I never used to get on with the second half of the album but after repeated listenings i'm loving it.

D7 is also a wonderful song,but theres a version I used to have that I prefer.

Oh the guilt and m.v are terrific songs that should be sought immediately.

I agree they weren't the best band to come out of seattle,but their rise to fame opened the worlds eyes to these other bands. I firmly believe that Pearl Jam would have been successful whether or not Nirvana ever existed,the band are just too good not to succeed.

The Screaming Trees though, I really do feel sadness that they only achieved a cult following. They've made some outstanding music.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.