BMX Bandits

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

moominpapa

Post by moominpapa » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 pm

rocky1980 wrote: Not of a mate :( its reallyis a bad bad film, if you are looking for a classic film try explorers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089114/
You were right there mate, Explorers was a film i bought at the same time actually, and that was as good as i remembered.
DonkeySpank wrote:BMX Bandits had everything a young teen lad needed back in the day - sunshine, seaside, BMXing, Kidman, arcades, crooks and water slides!
Watching them taking their bikes down a water slide was the craziest thing i've seen in a chase scene ever.

retromax

Re: BMX Bandits

Post by retromax » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:26 am

Oooh let's unearth an old topic :) , just looking at the negative comments that were posted on this and all I can say is you didn't grow up in the 80's without loving this film if you had a BMX... and if you didn't have a BMX then you were'nt cool 8) .... in the UK there were BMX wannabies that had Raleigh Grifters with the mudflaps removed :lol: ... well I had a Mk1 Raleigh Pro Burner and my mate had a DP Firebird and after watching the film did we take any notice of the disclaimer???..... hell no!!... down the first set of steps we could find :lol: .
Anyway there's now a 2 disc edition of the DVD out in Austrailia that I watched the other day..... I love he film :)
Hi I'm Retromax you may remember me from such songs as "Hantarex Two Five Zero" and "Hantarex Two Five Zero" the remix:)

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 pm

I only remember one scene from that film, that my brothers and I watched over and over and over, rewinding it...it was a scene in a grave, and someone in a mask gets poked in the eye with a walkie-talkie aerial. Even thinking about it now is making me laugh.

LMAO I just found the exact scene... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygw86GL5dk4&#t=4m4s I think it was the guy's screams that made us laugh :lol: .

ootini

Post by ootini » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:43 am

I have not seen this movie since its theatrical release, which was probably about 1984 for my 5th Birthday. The only part I can recall is some people going down water-slides with their bikes. I actually recall getting a free box of smarties from the shot in the foyer cos it was my Birthday.

Goes to show how much of an impression that one made on me. :D