Thundercats.....

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

mattwerk

Post by mattwerk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:37 am

DonkeySpank wrote:I thought the new design for the Transformers in the movie were pretty poor. That comparison of Soundwave just confirms it - the original is SOOOO much better!
Sod that, what about Megatron becoming a tank??!!

Thundercats - haven't seen it since around 1988... but oh what a show. Thunder... thunder... thunder... Thundercats, Hoooo..... but Transformers were so much better. Got a few series of the originals, can't believe how bad the artwork was but hey, in 1984 that was fine!

avoidz

Post by avoidz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 am

The robot designs for the Transformers movies are awful. The original toy designs would have looked great done in CGI with a little weathering and tweaking here and there.

Instead we get spiky, clunky robots (Starscream in robot form, WTF?) that, incidentally, took toymakers about a year to bring out transformable versions because the movie ones are so needlessly complicated and terrible-looking.

mattwerk

Post by mattwerk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:54 am

Man I would so much love to have Optimus Prime, but the original toy from
the 80s - bet it costs a bomb nowadays though...

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:42 am

avoidz wrote:The robot designs for the Transformers movies are awful. The original toy designs would have looked great done in CGI with a little weathering and tweaking here and there.

Instead we get spiky, clunky robots (Starscream in robot form, WTF?) that, incidentally, took toymakers about a year to bring out transformable versions because the movie ones are so needlessly complicated and terrible-looking.
AGREED 100% !!!!

The designs of the new movie robots is dreadful - so overly complex - they have hardly any discernable features, most of their faces just look like a mess of metal and gears! Utter rubbish.

Devious

Mumm-Ra in the house!

Post by Devious » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Is Mumm-Rana a shemale as some say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHq2UiJ_AM

luzur

Post by luzur » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Smurph wrote:
SirClive wrote:Best cartoon ever.

Lion-O would kick He-Man's arse.

And Cheetara, I so would!
i'd do her any way, any day. and very hard at that.

clarance

Post by clarance » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Maybe its just me, but as a child I really felt uneasy about Thundercats. Wasn't there a sword that got bigger when things got exciting!?

And I always detected an incestuous vibe to it as well - their genes were facked up after all.
Death may be your Santa Claus.