Retro Films With Retro Games in em!

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Tue May 16, 2006 1:09 pm

In one of the "3 Ninjas" movies, Super Mario Bros. 3 made an appearance I think.

JMK853

GUESS WHAT

Post by JMK853 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:24 pm

Well since no one else will state the bleeding obvious!

TRON

It had..er.... Tron in it!

I know... I know...

I have no friends........
The past is the future

CrookedMouth

Post by CrookedMouth » Tue May 23, 2006 2:01 am

but that was a mock-up game I think, there were real cabinets in that arcade just don't remember what. I know Flynn was playing Mattel Football Handheld on couch though.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Tue May 23, 2006 5:52 am

I mentioned Tron on the first page :wink:

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Tue May 23, 2006 7:21 am

Shame I can't mention TV shows as I distinctively remember NEIGHBOURS featuring a few retro computers. I never really watched the show as such but my sister was a big fan and used to watch it every day. I seem to recollect a character named Todd who used a C64 to hack into the school's computer records and change all his rubbish grades to A. He was then called up by the school to feature in some event for the gifted student and he was a numbnuts. All very vague but maybe someone remembers in more detail? (I only remembered as much as I did because I spotted the wonderous blue screen!!!)

Neighbours also featured an Amiga 500 at one point, and if memory serves, someone had coloured in the "Amiga" indentation along the top of the machine, in BLACK.

I also remember someone playing "Magic Carpet" on a PC at some point...

necronom

Re:

Post by necronom » Tue May 23, 2006 8:17 am

Robbo wrote:Neighbours also featured an Amiga 500 at one point, and if memory serves, someone had coloured in the "Amiga" indentation along the top of the machine, in BLACK.
Yep. Paul Robinson's office had an Amiga in it. Gail used to use it. The "Amiga" indentation was indeed painted, but I remember it being blue.

C4

Re:

Post by C4 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 am

Robbo wrote:I also remember someone playing "Magic Carpet" on a PC at some point...
The Kennedy clan had it and Karl always cheated to get a high score.

Robbo

Re:

Post by Robbo » Tue May 23, 2006 11:40 am

necronom wrote:
Robbo wrote:Neighbours also featured an Amiga 500 at one point, and if memory serves, someone had coloured in the "Amiga" indentation along the top of the machine, in BLACK.
Yep. Paul Robinson's office had an Amiga in it. Gail used to use it. The "Amiga" indentation was indeed painted, but I remember it being blue.
Ah yes, Paul Robinson... the character who brought me a childhood of having the censored taken out of me (my name is also Paul Robinson.)

Everything was going swimmingly in recent years with Paul Robinson playing in goal for Spurs (the football team I support) and England... then Stefan bloody Dennis reappears in poxy Neighbours and ruins it all!!! :evil:

:wink:

C4

Re:

Post by C4 » Tue May 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Robbo wrote:
necronom wrote:
Ah yes, Paul Robinson... the character who brought me a childhood of having the censored taken out of me (my name is also Paul Robinson.)

Everything was going swimmingly in recent years with Paul Robinson playing in goal for Spurs (the football team I support) and England... then Stefan bloody Dennis reappears in poxy Neighbours and ruins it all!!! :evil:

:wink:
Is that why your wife left you?

*runs away from Robbo*

Robbo

Re:

Post by Robbo » Tue May 23, 2006 1:14 pm

C4 wrote:Is that why your wife left you?

*runs away from Robbo*
:x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :!:

No joke about only (apparently) having one leg? :wink:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed May 24, 2006 12:49 pm

Just watched 'Cowboy Bebop - The Movie' which is not only a fantastic film for people like me who are just getting into Anime, but also has a great scene where a guy is playing a pac-man variant on a phone and starts telling his mate about how he prefers games from the 20th century (the film is set in 2071) that were in 2d and only used 5 buttons!

Looks like we might need RetroGamer magzine for a long time to come (even into EnglishRob's new daughters retirement!).

rainbird rich

Re: Retro Films With Retro Games in em!

Post by rainbird rich » Tue May 30, 2006 9:13 am

Well, as an ex-Mirrorsoft man I should mention Cinemaware's Three Stooges game that appeared in (I think) Lethal Weapon III...
Platopotato wrote:It strikes me that it would be nice to recomend or point out some films that have a retro gaming connection....

I'll start the ball rolling with Moon Cresta heard in the "Frog Brothers" comic shop on The Lost Boys.
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

rooster

Post by rooster » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:16 am

here are some sites with movie game tie overs
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Movies/index.html
http://www.mameworld.net/movies/
click on the cameo's link on my site to see what i have written on the subject
http://computermuseum.bigpondhosting.com/

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:02 am

Parenthood - Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

C4

Re: Retro Films With Retro Games in em!

Post by C4 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:13 pm

rainbird rich wrote:Well, as an ex-Mirrorsoft man I should mention Cinemaware's Three Stooges game that appeared in (I think) Lethal Weapon III...
Do you know where Maxwell stashed the pension fund then?