Re: Buying CD's

Post by snowkatt » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 pm

i stil listen to and buy cd's
i also still llisten too tapes and have several tape decks and walkmans
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 pm

I have a few cds lying about as well as new old stock blank vhs tapes and mini dv camcorder tapes and video 8 tapes tried to sell up but either no takers or low offers that barely coveered postage

I still use cds and vhs but try to limit what i keep
This guy are sick

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Bought a few more recently for two reasons:

1. My current car only has a CD player + 6-CD stacker, no USB connectivity.
2. It was cheaper to get a physical CD shipped to my door from Amazon than it was to download the digital albums from the same site! Surely that can't be correct?!?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:38 pm

Amazon frequently has a habit of being that backwards, Movies can sometimes be the same as a DVD will be cheaper than the rental or digital purchase cost.
There is some ways to add a Aux in to a stock Headunit, people like BMW in the early 00's even hid a connecter on the audio loom and an option on the head unit but didn't give option officially.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:38 pm
Amazon frequently has a habit of being that backwards, Movies can sometimes be the same as a DVD will be cheaper than the rental or digital purchase cost.
There is some ways to add a Aux in to a stock Headunit, people like BMW in the early 00's even hid a connecter on the audio loom and an option on the head unit but didn't give option officially.
I do have aux actually but I hate the connection quality of aux cables at times, when knocking my phone might disrupt it. I had USB in my last car which was just so good. Unfortunately, the BMW 530i I have now is a 2007 car so it was a bit before the days of USB being standard. Having an E60 with a fat N/A 3.0 engine is more important to me than USB though :P
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 pm

I get you, it's stored atm due to the spinal injury but I have a 2002 E46 M3 that has the 3.2 S54 in it, I had been retrofitting the Nav/TV system but where things are a bit patchwork due to avalibility it just doesn't want to talk to each component properly so when the recommisioning starts I'll be looking into an Android unit that I can run onboard diagnostics on, doesn't need to be mega fancy sound wise as I'm sticking to basic speakers for lightness only concession maybe being connection means for running a basic console or something when I need a break on the longer jobs or club trips.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:57 am

I just taped a decent bluetooth speaker to the dash on my last car with velcro pads. Worked fine unless it was really sunny, when it would slowly slide off as the glue melted. Only a problem a couple of days a year in Aberdeen.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:31 am

Tbh in an E46 the glue on everything melts, the interior door strip was hanging off because of it when I put it away.
I'll probably mod the ashtray when I do it as I don't smoke and won't let anyone else do so in the car (although there is a burn on the rear mat from a previous owner), that way it can be hidden when not in use and I can feel like Bond when I use it.

This being said I'm still waiting onthe new bond to listen to the Aston, the stunt car is an e46 M3 underneath and has a very distinct and somewhat marmite Banshee wail and I want to see if they hide it.

Sergio Georgini

Post by Sergio Georgini » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:58 pm

I just picked up the reissue of 'Delicate Sound Of Thunder' by Pink Floyd on CD for my dads Christmas gift. Apparently it's got some extra tracks this time round.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:42 pm

got the reissue NOW MUSIC 8 2disc and definitely want NOW 7