TI99/4A

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

I love colour-clash.

TI99/4A

Post by I love colour-clash. » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Just realised that I posted in the feedback section rather than the suggestions bit for this!

Any chance of a retrospective on the Texas Instruments 99/4A?
I had one when I was younger, and spent months playing my mates at the crappy 5-a-side football game, to the extent that we used to bunk off primary school (or dogged it, as we used to call it in Cumbernauld. I think that probably means something different now......)

Don't forget - Technically, the World's first 16 bit computer!

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:28 pm

12 posts in 2 and a half years?!

I love colour-clash.

Post by I love colour-clash. » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Er...yeah. My PC went on the blink and by the time I got a new one, I had forgotten what my user name/password combination was, and it wouldn't let me re-register because my e-mail had already been used, so I've spent the last 2 and half years trying various combinations of 'I luv colourclash/colour-clash/colorclash' :oops:

Thank god this place is (relatively) anonymous.....

PanzerGeneral

Re: TI99/4A

Post by PanzerGeneral » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I second the motion - Ti/99/4a retrospective badly needed, I was fortunate enough to have an aunt in America who sent me some Ti software during the early 80's - which was just as bloody well, as I was buggered if I could find any here.
Some top games as well - the best version of space invaders ever!(TI Invaders), Super demon attack(check the graphics compared to the Vic 20 version), Alpiner and Parsec(check out the speech - full clear sentences).
Excellent looking system when used with the PEB expansion box, and one of the few home computers that came in shiny aluminium!
The unreleased TI/99/8 would have kicked the arse out of everything else in the market had it made it to market (fully functioning prototypes do exist!)

resident paul

Re: TI99/4A

Post by resident paul » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Don't forget about the MBX system in which I'd just won on ebay which was one of the first interactive system ever.