TOMBI and TOMBI 2

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

KeatonCar

TOMBI and TOMBI 2

Post by KeatonCar » Thu May 29, 2008 9:17 am

Long, long ago... in a land full of magic and heroes, there lived in a broken-down old cottage... a boy. Not just ANY boy, but a boy with a magical amulet that was to chaaaaaaaaaaa... (record scratch)......*crickets*.......... *footsteps*......*more crickets*.....

Hello... is this mic on, is this mi... I don't think they can hear me, I don't think they can hear... they can.... Testing, Testing.. *mic blow*...... eerrrr... "HI." I used to buy my monthly PS1 demo disc and usually went straight home to play it. I always ran into trouble right from the off as someone stuck a magazine to it... *drumroll..cymbal*.... No... ok....

Anyway, Tombi. This game, if it hasn't already deserves coverage. An inventive 2D platformer, this game had well balanced gameplay, good side quests and puzzles. It also had a great sense of humour and really cool animations. Reminded me of Donkey kong Country, and that is not a bad thing at all.

Ebay usually has these floating around at over £35.00 each most times, quite rare as I believe. Wanna find out more about these two.... Retro Gamer.... take it away.... :D

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 am

I think I just had a case of Deja-vu! :?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

321CannonFodder

Post by 321CannonFodder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Ebay usually has these floating around at over £35.00 each most times, quite rare as I believe. Wanna find out more about these two.... Retro Gamer.... take it away....
Both Fantastic Games and very rare tombi sells for a much higher price than Tombi 2. Defo worthy to be coverd in the mag. :)

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:09 pm

One of those games I'm proud to own, and probably wouldn't sell it. A quality game, and love it immensely. Definitely deserves coverage.