Is this Halo CE Rare maybe One of a kind??????

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

tommietehkitteh

Is this Halo CE Rare maybe One of a kind??????

Post by tommietehkitteh » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello I bought this PAL copy of Halo ce for xbox original ages back and only realized recently the bar-code isn't a bar-code but instead a not for resale printed on the insert instead. Now yes I did an hour or two of googling before coming here but there doesn't seem to be another one like this, most the not for resale copies have it printed on the front part of the insert not that back. Other than the bar-code everything is 100% normal nothing extra on the disc or booklets. So yeah if someone could spread insight into why this seems unique maybe even post a picture of a similar version, I dont really think I'm sitting on a holy grail maybe $50 at most but I genuinely baffled and lost on this oddball of a game.
Cheers to anyone who helps

http://imgur.com/user/Tommietehkitteh/favorites/bUG18

PAC

Re: Is this Halo CE Rare maybe One of a kind??????

Post by PAC » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Not one of a kind but these versions are extremely rare to market.

My neice heads up Microsoft Marketing; it's one of their advance promotional tools. Something they do for pretty much every game, print runs according to perceived media interest in the title.

tommietehkitteh

Post by tommietehkitteh » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Any idea how rare or what sort of value it would have?
Thanks for your first reply
=^.^=

PAC

Post by PAC » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:50 pm

That's probably up to good old e-bay. Many years back put a load of games up with starting price of £10. A box version of the 1st Halo went for £200+ ! Outsold everything else by a pick.

Halo seems to have a hardcore following among collectors. I just can't convert to these FPS