Super Monaco GP feature?

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mancman

Super Monaco GP feature?

Post by Mancman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:12 pm

I've been a regular purchaser since issue 1 and for the life of me I cannot recall a feature on Super Monaco GP.

The arcade, was awesome but the megadrive version took it to another level. I remember the rivalries you could create, beat another rival in two races and you would take his seat and move up to a better a team and he takes your position. It was a great way to get the player really involved in the races added heaps of replay ability.

I got so good at this game I would choose the guy at the best team whilst I was at the worst team, challenge him, beat him and we would exchange teams! It was awesome.

Would love to see a feature on this and see how all the home versions fared.

flatapex

Re: Super Monaco GP feature?

Post by flatapex » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:38 am

that would be awesome :D

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 pm

I would love to see a feature on it, i still play the game on megadrive when time permits so yes lets see a feature please .
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 am

Another vote here. I was a big fan of the Megadrive version at the time and was quite jealous as there wasnt a version on the SNES.

Gameon

Post by Gameon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:48 am

I just bought the Arcade of this as I love it so. :)

Worth hunting out someone who has the the deluxe sit down version with its air drive moving seat...

It is also little known that the machine can be linked up for an 8 player race.... although not out of the box..

Although the Megadrive version (and the Mega CD version a tiny bit better) is good, the graphics are not quite as delightful as the arcade.

It also was the machine that Philip Morris sued Sega over as Sega were using Marlboro logos without permission and I believe PM had a lawsuit in the states about advertising to children. Leter versions had generic logos, although the machine still looked like a mobile fag packet, er McLaren.

RichL

Post by RichL » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Yep, loved this game.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:01 pm

For me, this game is the killer app on the Game Gear. Been playing since I was 11 and still keep going back.

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:55 am

Good news: this one's happening now. It's going to be an Ultimate Guide - the original arcade game lacks any form of credits, so we're going to have to do some real detective work to ever put together a Making Of.

Mancman

Post by Mancman » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:37 pm

NickThorpe wrote:Good news: this one's happening now. It's going to be an Ultimate Guide - the original arcade game lacks any form of credits, so we're going to have to do some real detective work to ever put together a Making Of.
Oh, this is great news. Really looking forward to it!

Dreddonarrival

Post by Dreddonarrival » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:55 am

I look foward to reafing the article, a fabulous Megadrive title, one of the best!