How about something like this

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

forestville

How about something like this

Post by forestville » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:57 am

If a cover cd/dvd is out of the question then maybe you could have downloads from the retro gamer web site, especially for the readers of the mag, in the magazine there could be a code(s) to enter into a part of the web site so that you could download the content available. downloadable stuff could include new 8bit games, wallpapers, remakes, emulators etc.

in the magazine itself you could feature a section on "Raffaele Cecco" who created exolon, cybernoid 1 and 2, and other games, a feature of the games he created and how he put them together. Maybe also a retro tips and cheats section would be cool.

8) 8)
Press play on tape

LeeT

Re: How about something like this

Post by LeeT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:09 am

forestville wrote:If a cover cd/dvd is out of the question then maybe you could have downloads from the retro gamer web site, especially for the readers of the mag, in the magazine there could be a code(s) to enter into a part of the web site so that you could download the content available. downloadable stuff could include new 8bit games, wallpapers, remakes, emulators etc.
That would be nice to see - Though as its a small comapny that produce RG, maybe it would cost too much to employ someone to maintain?
in the magazine itself you could feature a section on "Raffaele Cecco" who created exolon, cybernoid 1 and 2, and other games, a feature of the games he created and how he put them together.
I'm sure there was an interview in GamesTM a while back with him - Or maybe my memory is playing tricks with me?
Maybe also a retro tips and cheats section would be cool.
There are already a lot of games tips/solutions on various sites so I wouldn't really want to see the magazine using vital space for this.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:33 am

Screen shot maps might be nice, though.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

incarnates

Post by incarnates » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:22 pm

There was a interview with Raffaele Cecco in GamesTM (issue 35). Was only reading that interview this afternoon.

So your mind not playing tricks with you LeeT.

Spiff

Post by Spiff » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:27 am

Thumbs up to downloadable content... if and when Imagine have the time!

punkpie

Post by punkpie » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:49 am

Why dont you allow forum users to upload content? Obviously it would still have to policed in some way but it was also stop admins have to search out content.

miner2049er

Post by miner2049er » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:04 am

TBH what could they offer that a google search or the past cover discs have not got on them?

Imagine aren't going to pay royalties to developers then let us download for free, and most emulators and remakes are free and available anyway.

If it means the cost of the mag staying down by not employing a webmin then so be it.
http://www.jamesonline.net
Now I just need an amusing tag line.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:01 am

incarnates wrote:There was a interview with Raffaele Cecco in GamesTM (issue 35). Was only reading that interview this afternoon.

So your mind not playing tricks with you LeeT.
I've still got his details as well :)

Expect a few making ofs soon...

Jax

Post by Jax » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:15 am

Type In Listings :twisted:

TBH more of the same for now, It just seems to be too quick a read :(