Lost, unknown sequels?

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thevulture

Re: Lost, unknown sequels?

Post by thevulture » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 pm

FatTrucker wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:I didnt think FTB WAS a sequel , well certainly not official . It's more like a spiritual successor, in the same way that Flashback was to Another World
Its been years since I played through it, but I'm pretty sure Fade To Black was a direct sequel (or at least continuance) of the story in Flashback. I'm pretty sure you played the same character, and had been found by the Aliens after years floating in space.
It was..Opening CGI sequence had your Pod found drifting by the shape shifting aliens (morphs, was it not?).Human resistance got you out (Remember the leader, Lass with the big knockers?).

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:12 pm

The Jon Ritman game Super Match Soccer on the PS1 is basically Match Day 3. I'd never even heard of it until very recently.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Cyberwar was the sequel to lawnmower man game.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Fade To Black def.was the official Flashback sequel.Flashback's plot had Conrad inventing a scanning machine, which showed that shape-shifting aliens (morph's) had infiltrated top level of human society. In response, Morphs knocked Conrad out, chucked him onto thier planet. (Why did'nt they just kill him?). So, whilst you were escaping from there in Flashback, Morphs had over run Earth.

Flashback's Intro.had your escape pod from Flashback found by Morphs, you were rescued by Human resistance and with help of the elders? you freed Earth etc.

Going off memory here, but think that's the crack.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Future Cop L.A.P.D was originally Future Strike (teaser Trailer shown once you completed Nuclear Strike).

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Sort of the other way around, but it's surprising how many people I've spoken to who didn't know that Duke Nukem 3D was actually the third game in the series.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 pm

themightymartin wrote:Sort of the other way around, but it's surprising how many people I've spoken to who didn't know that Duke Nukem 3D was actually the third game in the series.
Indeed. However, when I show the first 2 games to friends the reply is usually something like "That game sucks."

A few years ago I discovered a sequel to One Must Fall: 2097, called One Must Fall: Battlegrounds. I tried and it was fun for a while, but it's not as good as the original, IMHO.