Playstation as a retro platform

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Is it time to view the original playstation as a retro platform?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 43

darlich

Playstation as a retro platform

Post by darlich » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 pm

It may turn into a heated debate....but I just wanted to gauge current feelings.

Fred83

Re: Playstation as a retro platform

Post by Fred83 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 pm

was done in a recent retroinspection in issue 71.

darlich

Post by darlich » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Fred83 wrote:was done in a recent retroinspection in issue 71.
And yet again it's been done....well I hope it was in general favour of doing so....cos it seems the ideas are running out...at least in my head. Lol

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:03 pm

think this one is pretty uncontroversial to be honest - PS1 is a 1990s vintage console.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 am

Playstation isn't retro, but it has a few retro games on it.

Please refer any responses to this thread:
http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=6208
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:52 pm

darlich wrote:
And yet again it's been done....well I hope it was in general favour of doing so....cos it seems the ideas are running out...at least in my head. Lol
try searching key words to find if somthing has already been coverd, if it has, just add to that thread! don't get frustrated becouse a lot of things have been coverd...the forums been around for a little while now! ;)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Yeah I suppose it's flat enough to rest my retro consoles on
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

darlich

Post by darlich » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:56 pm

mohicankid wrote:
darlich wrote:
try searching key words to find if somthing has already been coverd, if it has, just add to that thread! don't get frustrated becouse a lot of things have been coverd...the forums been around for a little while now! ;)
Yeah but I read on signing up that you shouldn't really post on a thread if it's over a month old unless you've something special to add... :?

darlich

Post by darlich » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:00 pm

And to be honest...I'm being told oh this that and the next thing has been covered....and people are kind enough to give me a link....usually to another website feature.

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:09 pm

The monthly thing is different.Its about bringing up old threads.But the rules are slightly bended if you have something useful to contribute to the old thread.We all do the cover thing,sometimes we just forget what issue it was in or was it covered all ready.dont take it to heart mate.
Last edited by Fred83 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Fred83 wrote:dont take it to heart mate.
Indeed.

Anyway, so Retro Ball - Who went then?
:lol: :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:57 am

darlich wrote:And to be honest...I'm being told oh this that and the next thing has been covered....and people are kind enough to give me a link....usually to another website feature.

:?: :?: :?: :?:
That's just me spamming Retro Fusion, so all the new members go and have a look.

I think the two sites sort of go hand in hand - we've got a great forum here, but the RF site is like an extension of the mag with lots of interesting articles and videos, frequently written or created by members here.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:37 pm

darlich wrote: Yeah but I read on signing up that you shouldn't really post on a thread if it's over a month old unless you've something special to add... :?
Bringing back an old thread to add 'I agree', 'I like x-x-x' or something similarly inane is classed as Necroposting which is what the AUP is designed to cover to prevent the forums becoming a random mess of old threads with nothing new in them.

If however a subject has already been covered at any length and you want to contribute to that discussion with something new or relevant then its usually OK. If you're at all concerned then you can always PM one of the moderating team first if you're not sure.

The other thing to be aware of is that you don't necessarily need to come up with some new point for discussion just for the sake of posting something new (a few of the threads you've started haven't started with any kind of point or opinion and have just been you trying to find a 'new' topic inviting people to post about it). If there's something you want to discuss then start a discussion thread for it, if people want to chat about it they will join in, however starting threads for the sake of it with no real point or opinion of your own added to kick it off won't usually register a lot of responses.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

darlich

Post by darlich » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Have an opinion..you're shot down...now I am told I don't have an opinion and I'm shot down...lol...

Starting to feel kinda cliquey in here.

You do realise this isn't school. All I've done is post some threads and everyone tells me...don't do it like this...do it like that, mate.

Sighs.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 am

darlich wrote:Have an opinion..you're shot down...now I am told I don't have an opinion and I'm shot down...lol...

Starting to feel kinda cliquey in here.

You do realise this isn't school. All I've done is post some threads and everyone tells me...don't do it like this...do it like that, mate.

Sighs.
No one is shooting you down mate, just giving you the benefit of some friendly advice. How you spend your time here is up to you.
People will usually refer you to old threads on subjects you raise if they exist, it doesn't however exclude you from making new threads on a previously discussed topic, it just gives you some reference to what's already been said or discussed on the subject.

As any regular on these boards will attest, a lot of topics have been done multiple times (its not just an old board for old members that have seen and done everything before), its just that in some cases certain topics have been done to death....repeatedly.

Again though, if you want to discuss a topic then post about it, if other users want to contribute, they will, afterall not everyone who posts here is a long term member that's seen everything before.

For the record I think the PS1 has been a Retro console since the 360 and PS3 were released.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.