Emulators

Pitch your ideas and suggestions for Retro Gamer Magazine here.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

coastliner

Emulators

Post by coastliner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:08 am

Hi to all, how about articles on how to get the best out of emulators and how to use the excellent GPX32........

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:12 am

...and how to spell it?
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 am

i t

easy :roll:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

coastliner

Post by coastliner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:44 am

Sorry GP2X........

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:48 am

I was just pulling your plonk ;) They're fantastic machines, and I also reckon an "in-depth" look at some of the better emulators would be a cool idea for an article.

Never really understood why they didn't shift more units; as well as all the magical pretend 8 and 16 bit goodness, they also make cracking video/music players... many a time mine's accompanied me on a trip to be hooked up to the telly in a cabin on a campsite... most of last year's Doctor Who was watched in this way...
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

coastliner

Post by coastliner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 am

I think its down to the fact that its not v.well known, the people i've shown it to think its great but have never heard of it.....

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:18 am

The Master wrote:I was just pulling your plonk ;) They're fantastic machines, and I also reckon an "in-depth" look at some of the better emulators would be a cool idea for an article.
Well, we used to have Emulation Nation in Retro Gamer, but I'm guessing that column's dead. I've certainly pitched an NDS episode a few times (including interviews with a couple of the devs), but it's never been commissioned.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

mattwerk

Post by mattwerk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:11 am

Hey didn't Retro Gamer used to feature links to given emulators, I remember there being a link and guide how to use the CDI one for example... anyway I recommend Kega for Sega games :)

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 pm

On the subject of emulators, has anyone on here managed to get Nuance (the Nuon emulator) running at a half decent speed?

If so what sort of specs does the system you're running it on have? It runs like a tortoise on my setup. :(

Note for the uninformed: the Nuon was a semi-console (souped up dvd player that you could play games on) that is most famous for the Jeff Minter shmup Tempest 3000.

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:48 pm

mattwerk wrote:Hey didn't Retro Gamer used to feature links to given emulators, I remember there being a link and guide how to use the CDI one for example... anyway I recommend Kega for Sega games :)
There used to be. It was tacked on the back of a "retrospection" where RG would recommend an emulator to use.