speedball (c64)

Got a high score accomplishment or speedrun to boast about? Share it here!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

mel the bell

speedball (c64)

Post by mel the bell » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:06 pm

right every morning before work ive been playing speedball on mi commode dtv thingy
normally i manage to score 1 goal if im lucky and normally lose 12 nil or 12 1 or something

apart from this morning i got a spurt on and managed to win 7 3

very strange

roll on tommorow morning :)
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:44 pm

On the first few levels,just go a couple of goals up,then when you're in possession of the ball,just dodge the opposition and spend your time picking up tokens which appear randomly on the floor.
Use these tokens to permanently boost your team's stats at the end of each round
Tip for scoring goals-always shoot diagonally at the goal,aim for the far left or right of the net,and it nearly always goes in (especially on the early levels)
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

mel the bell

Re:

Post by mel the bell » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:23 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:On the first few levels,just go a couple of goals up,then when you're in possession of the ball,just dodge the opposition and spend your time picking up tokens which appear randomly on the floor.
Use these tokens to permanently boost your team's stats at the end of each round
Tip for scoring goals-always shoot diagonally at the goal,aim for the far left or right of the net,and it nearly always goes in (especially on the early levels)
yup i seem to only ever score when i run and throw diagnolly at the goal
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:42 pm

Speedball 2 was better-why score goals to get points,when you can just beat up the opposition instead?

Ice cream!
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"